Canada Self Employed
Canada is a country which is known for its immense diversity in culture & lifestyle. The Canadian government shows importance to people who have relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics and people meeting the necessary conditions can migrate under the Canada Self-Employed Persons Program.
What is Canada Self-Employed Persons Program?
The Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program is for those people who have experience in cultural activities or farm management or in the athletics field. Applicants who migrate to Canada under the Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program should intend to be self-employed and have the capability to make a significant contribution to cultural or athletic activities.
Requirements to Migrate Under Canada Self-Employed Persons Program: –
An individual in order to migrate under the Canada Self-Employed Persons Program should meet certain eligibility requirements:
- He/she should meet the necessary medical & security conditions.
- The applicant should intent to be self-employed in Canada.
- The applicant should have relevant experience in their field within a period of five years before the applied date and the day the decision is being made.
- When it is cultural activities, the applicant should have either been self-employed in cultural activities or participated at a world-class level in cultural activities.
- When it is for athletics, the applicant should have been self-employed in athletics or participated at a world-class level in athletics.
- If the applicant wants to manage a farm, he/she should have previous experience in the same.
- The applicant should make sure that he/she earns sufficient points
- The applicant should have enough funds to support their family if they migrate along with the applicant.
- The applicant should have sufficient language proficiency in order to migrate to Canada.
Selection Factors for Canada Self-Employed Persons Program: –
Individuals who apply for Canada Self-Employed Persons Program will be assessed based on the following factors and grant points accordingly. The applicant has to gain a minimum of 35 points out of 100 in order to be considered eligible to migrate under the Canada Self-Employed Persons Program. Below listed are the selection factors and maximum points that can be obtained:
- Education – A maximum of 25 points.
- Experience – A maximum of 35 points.
- Age – A maximum of 10 points.
- Language Ability – A maximum of 24 points.
- Adaptability – A maximum of 6 points.
Meeting the minimum point requirement is a mandatory condition the applicant has to fulfil without which he/she cannot make any further progress.
Advantages of Migrating Under the Canada Self-Employed Persons Program: –
Like every immigration program, the Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program has its own benefits. Below listed are the benefits of migrating under Canada Self-Employed Persons Program:
- It is not necessary that the applicant should have a job offer to migrate under this program.
- The applicant will not have any conditions imposed on his/her status.
- The applicant does not have to establish or a purchase a business before his/her arrival in Canada.
- The applicant will be granted a Canadian Permanent Resident Visa provided they meet certain conditions.
- The processing time for Canada Self-Employed Persons Program would take an approximate of 24 months.
- The opportunity to lead a life in one of the Canadian provinces (except for Quebec).
- Individuals who wish to migrate to Quebec should opt for Quebec Self-Employed Worker Program.
The Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program is an ideal way for individuals who possess special talents & skills to migrate to Canada. To know more about the Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program, get in touch with our team of immigration experts and check your eligibility to migrate to Canada for free!
Skilled workers who wish to move to Australia permanently may now apply for nomination from the Australian state of New…
Major global tech companies are keen to expand their presence to Canada, says the Scoring Canadian Tech Talent report by…
Migrants are making significant contributions to the growth of Australia's economy, shows new data released by the Australian Bureau of…
From January 1, 2020 onwards, the new immigrants to Quebec will have to attend a Quebec values test to prove…
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) draw held on November 28 invited 460 Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand candidates to…