Canada Self Employed
Canada is a country which is known for its immense diversity in culture & lifestyle. The Canadian government shows importance to people who have relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics and people meeting the necessary conditions can migrate under the Canada Self-Employed Persons Program.
What is Canada Self-Employed Persons Program?
The Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program is for those people who have experience in cultural activities or farm management or in the athletics field. Applicants who migrate to Canada under the Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program should intend to be self-employed and have the capability to make a significant contribution to cultural or athletic activities.
Requirements to Migrate Under Canada Self-Employed Persons Program: -
An individual in order to migrate under the Canada Self-Employed Persons Program should meet certain eligibility requirements:
- He/she should meet the necessary medical & security conditions.
- The applicant should intent to be self-employed in Canada.
- The applicant should have relevant experience in their field within a period of five years before the applied date and the day the decision is being made.
- When it is cultural activities, the applicant should have either been self-employed in cultural activities or participated at a world-class level in cultural activities.
- When it is for athletics, the applicant should have been self-employed in athletics or participated at a world-class level in athletics.
- If the applicant wants to manage a farm, he/she should have previous experience in the same.
- The applicant should make sure that he/she earns sufficient points
- The applicant should have enough funds to support their family if they migrate along with the applicant.
- The applicant should have sufficient language proficiency in order to migrate to Canada.
Selection Factors for Canada Self-Employed Persons Program: -
Individuals who apply for Canada Self-Employed Persons Program will be assessed based on the following factors and grant points accordingly. The applicant has to gain a minimum of 35 points out of 100 in order to be considered eligible to migrate under the Canada Self-Employed Persons Program. Below listed are the selection factors and maximum points that can be obtained:
- Education – A maximum of 25 points.
- Experience – A maximum of 35 points.
- Age – A maximum of 10 points.
- Language Ability – A maximum of 24 points.
- Adaptability – A maximum of 6 points.
Meeting the minimum point requirement is a mandatory condition the applicant has to fulfil without which he/she cannot make any further progress.
Advantages of Migrating Under the Canada Self-Employed Persons Program: -
Like every immigration program, the Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program has its own benefits. Below listed are the benefits of migrating under Canada Self-Employed Persons Program:
- It is not necessary that the applicant should have a job offer to migrate under this program.
- The applicant will not have any conditions imposed on his/her status.
- The applicant does not have to establish or a purchase a business before his/her arrival in Canada.
- The applicant will be granted a Canadian Permanent Resident Visa provided they meet certain conditions.
- The processing time for Canada Self-Employed Persons Program would take an approximate of 24 months.
- The opportunity to lead a life in one of the Canadian provinces (except for Quebec).
- Individuals who wish to migrate to Quebec should opt for Quebec Self-Employed Worker Program.
The Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program is an ideal way for individuals who possess special talents & skills to migrate to Canada. To know more about the Canadian Self-Employed Persons Program, get in touch with our team of immigration experts and check your eligibility to migrate to Canada for free!