Ontario Entrepreneur Program
Ontario located in east-central Canada is the most populated province of Canada, accounting to an approximate of 37 percent of the total country’s population. The reason the country is populated is the benefits and the style of living the province offers to its residents. Ontario gives its residents a high standard which is the reason for the high population count of the province. The high population also means that individuals can immigrate to Ontario under the Ontario Entrepreneur Program and establish their business in an economy that is growing every single day.
Ontario Entrepreneur Program: -
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program also known as the Ontario Entrepreneur program was brought into existence to attract individuals from all parts of the world who have the right set of skills and the determination to start up and run a business and thereby contribute to the economic growth of the province.
Requirements to Immigrate Under the Ontario Entrepreneur Program: -
The Ontario Entrepreneur Program like the other immigration program requires the individual to meet certain criteria in order to be considered eligible. Below listed are conditions that an applicant has to meet:
- The applicant should have a minimum net worth of at least CAD $1,500,000 (verifiable of course) if his/her proposed business is in the Greater Toronto Area and a minimum verifiable net worth of CAD $800,000 if the proposed business is outside the Greater Toronto Area.
- The investment that the applicant has to make would be a sum of CAD $1,000,000 if his/her proposed business is within the Greater Toronto Area and an investment amount of CAD $500,000 if it is within the Greater Toronto Area.
- It is important that the applicant should have in possession at least 33% Ownership of the business.
- The applicant immigrating under the Ontario Entrepreneur Program should be aged only between 21 – 55 years.
- Any dependant coming along with the primary applicant should be aged below 22 years.
- The immigrating individual should definitely have relevant experience in entrepreneurship. A preferable 3 years of previous business experience in ownership or senior management experience is a must to be considered eligible.
- The applicant should have an educational qualification that is equivalent to Canadian higher secondary or above.
- The applicant before immigrating should prove his/her language proficiency by taking up IELTS Exams and procuring recommended marks.
- The immigrant should ensure that his/her job creates at least 2 employment opportunities for Canadian citizens or PR holders.
- The applicant should be free from histories of criminal convictions and should be healthy without any critical health issues.
- The applicants should have made at least one business visit to This should have taken place within 12 months prior to the registration of an Expression of Interest.
Other Highlights About Ontario Entrepreneur Program: -
- The applicant once when invited to immigrate to Ontario under the Ontario Entrepreneur Program will receive a Temporary Resident Visa which would be valid for two years.
- He/she will get a permanent resident visa after fulfilling the business commitments for a period of 20 months.
- To be eligible to obtain a Canadian PR, the individual must have made his/her physical presence in the province for a period of nine months out of one year.
- A Canadian Passport can be obtained when an applicant stays for 3 out of 4 years on his/her Permanent Residence Visa.
- The Ontario Entrepreneur Program is a bit different and the processing time depends on the complexity of an individual’s application.
- The investment to be made in the business depends on the area the business is about to be established (Within or apart from the Greater Toronto Area).
- The Ontario Provincial Nominee fee would cost up to an approximate of CAD $ 500,000.
Every single individual has different motives to immigrate to Canada. But for entrepreneurs who wish to immigrate and establish a business in Canada, Ontario could definitely be a place that should be considered. Get in touch with our team of experts to know more about Ontario Entrepreneur Program and get your eligibility to migrate to Canada for free!