Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Subclass 491
Australia is one of the top chosen places for the foreign nationals, and with a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Subclass 491, it’s all a blessing. Not just this, the country also welcomes the immigrants with open arms. It allows them to work, be an Australian resident for 5 years and study through this visa. So, if you are one such individual who is looking to make an application for a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Subclass 491, continue reading ahead. This guide has been prepared for you to prepare you for your journey of application.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Subclass 491- Brief
Subclass 491 visa is the provisional visa allowing the skilled workers and their families to work, pursue their education and to live within some of the Australian-appointed areas for 5 years. The applicant, however, in order to apply must be either sponsored by the eligible family member who lives in Australia as a permanent resident or nominated.
There are two sections to this visa, a discussion of which has been made below, and will provide you with the needed information.
1. Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Main Applicant
As the provisional visa, this one is for the skilled workers willing to work and live in the regional Australia or the designated Australian regional area. In case if the nomination is withdrawn, the visa wouldn’t be granted.
Further, it allows the applicants to,
- Stay within the country for 5 years.
- Travel from and to Australia for as many times one wants, till the time the visa remains valid.
- Make the application for the permanent residence right after 3 years has passed from the date on which the visa was received.
Cost & Processing Time
The cost of the visa is AUD 4240. For every additional applicant or dependent who makes the application with the applicant, a fee would be required to be paid too.
An extra charge or the second instalment charge will be required to be paid for the applicant who is above 18 and who has lesser functional English. However, make the payment of the fees only when it’s asked for.
The amount charged as a second instalment charge is AUD 4890.
As for the processing time, it can vary due to some circumstances, like whether or not the complete application has been lodged, whether all the supporting documents have been provided, how quickly one responds to the requested information, etc. However, in general, the below-mentioned remains applicable,
- 25% of the applications get processed in 5 months.
- 50% of the applications get processed in 12 months.
- 75% of the applications get processed in 15 months.
- 90% of the applications get processed in 20 months.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, the applicant must,
- Be appointed for making the application by the end of the state/territory government, or they must be sponsored by the eligible relative.
- Have the occupation on the skilled occupation list.
- Get the skills assessment for their occupation.
- Have received the invitation for the application.
- Satisfy points test.
Permanent Residence Pathways
If one is eligible, they can make the application for the permanent residence through Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional Visa subclass 191).
Unless the applicant has held a subclass 491 visa for the past 3 years, the subclass 491 visa holders cannot make a valid application for the subclass 820 (Partner) visa or get the below-mentioned visa,
- Subclass 132 (Business Talent)
- Subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated)
- Subclass 188 (Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)
- Subclass 858 (Distinguished Talent)
- Subclass 189 (Skilled (Independent)
- Subclass 186 (Employer Nomination Scheme)
Including the Family
The family members or the dependent child can be included in the application while lodging the application. They can even be added after the application has been lodged but before the decision for the visa is received. If they aren’t included in the visa application, the authorities might ask a reason for it.
All family members included within the application, they are required to meet up with the character and the health requirements.
Subclass 491 Visa- Requirements
In order to make an application, the applicant can be either outside Australia/in Australia. If in Australia, one must hold a substantive visa/subclass 010 bridging A visa/subclass 030 bridging C visa/subclass 020 Bridging visa or the application here wouldn’t be valid.
Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility requirements section, the candidates must.
- Be invited to make the application.
- Be sponsored or nominated.
- Be below the age of 45.
- Score 65 points/more in the points score.
Subclass 491 Visa- Application Process
Make sure to submit the Expression of Interest on time using SkillSelect, to let the authorities know that you remain to be interested in the visa application.
Before the application is made, ensure all documents remain prepared/gathered in one place. Be it the health check certificates or the character check certificates, marriage certificates, dependent child certificates, etc., all must be arranged and to be provided in order to support claims made within EOI and for meeting other visa criteria.
Herein, make the application. You can do it online, and it can be either outside or in Australia when applying. Further, you will have 60 days in total from the invitation date for making the visa application.
After the application, the authorities inform that the application has been received. If one gets the bridging visa, they will receive the notification of the granted visa.
This is the visa outcome state. One can be outside/in Australia when the decision is given by the authorities about the visa in writing. But the applicant must not be in the immigration clearance.
Along with the decision, if the visa is granted to you, with visa approval, you will receive the visa grant number, the date from which the visa would come into effect, and the conditions related to the visa, if any.
Ensure to keep a copy of the decision. If the visa is refused, information about it will also be provided to applicants. However, there will be no refunds if the application is rejected.
Passport Holders of New Zealand
If the immigration officer, they process the clearance at the border, it is recommended to inform them that you are holding the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa subclass 489 and that you do not wish to have the Special Category Visa Subclass 444.
If timely information is not provided, one will get a subclass 444 visa. If it’s received, the permanent residency through Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa subclass 191 visa will be affected. It will therefore affect the eligibility of the individual for the permanent residency/Australian citizenship.
2. Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Subsequent Entrant
The visa is meant for the family members of the individuals holding Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa subclass 491. It allows holders to stay in Australia till the time the family member or the primary applicant holds.
The visa allows the applicant to,
- Stay within the country till the time visa remains valid.
- Travel from and to Australia for as many times one wants, till the time the visa remains valid.
- Work, live and study in the specified regional Australian area.
- Make the application for the permanent residency through Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa subclass 191.
Cost & Processing
The cost of processing the visa application is 4240 AUD. An extra charge/second instalment charge must be paid for the applicant who is above 18 and who has lesser functional English. However, make the payment of the fees only when asked.
The amount charged as the charge is AUD 4890.
The processing time for the visa is as mentioned below,
- 25% of the applications get processed in 6 months.
- 50% of the applications get processed in 10 months.
- 75% of the applications get processed in 18 months.
- 90% of the applications get processed in 19 months.
All things remain similar to the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Main Applicant.
All eligibility requirements remain similar to the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Main Applicant.
The entire process, from step 1 to step 5, they remain similar to Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Main Applicant.
As part of the documentation, the below-mentioned documents will be asked for,
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Language Competency Report
- Marriage certificate
Applicants between 18 to 23 years of age must also provide,
- Birth certificate
- Adoption papers, if any case-specific
- Evidence for the financial dependency
In the case of applicants who are above the age of 23 but they remain dependent due to cognitive issues or physical impairment, they are required to provide the above-mentioned documents along with their medical reports, which address the applicant’s condition.
Apart from the above, documents related below-mentioned are to be provided,
- Language Assessment
- Skill Assessment
- Specialist Education
- Education Qualification according to the Australian standards
- Partner skills
- Work experience (Australia)
- Australian skilled employment
- Study in regional Australia
If one is the sponsor, the applicant needs to provide,
- Age proof- the sponsor is 18 or above
- Declaration by the sponsor
- PR proof
- Proof of being the eligible relative
Once all of the above-mentioned are satisfied and the processes are followed correctly, you will end up having the subclass 491 visa. However, if you think you cannot handle all the requirements on your own, you can choose an authorized consultant or the agents who can help you with their customized services that include profile evaluation, procuring of the documents, resume writing, professional guidance, dedicated case officers, etc.
Choose a one-stop solution today for all your visa requirements and let the professionals handle all the requirements without you having to worry about anything. So go ahead and connect today. Our professionals would be pleased to help.
- Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated Visa
- Subclass 191 – Skilled Regional Visa
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa- Subclass 491
- Western Australia Immigration
- South Australia Immigration
- Victoria Skilled Visa Nomination Program
- Queensland Skilled Migration Program
- ACT Skilled Visa Nomination Program
- Tasmanian Skilled Nomination Visa Program
- Nomination Process for New South Wales
Find your CRS score now!
Get in Touch
Just a few steps to get it started!