British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) held a new Tech draws on September 07 to invite immigration candidates working in key tech occupations to apply for provincial nominations.
The province ended up inviting 34 Immigration candidates having work experience and a valid job offer in one of 29 eligible occupations including Web designers & developers, Engineers, Audio technicians, etc. were invited to this draw.
All the invited candidates met the requirements of either Express Entry or Skills Immigration categories, managed by the Skills & Immigration Registration System (SIRS). They were required to have a provincial score of 80 points to qualify in this draw.
British Columbia had now issued 8,100 invitations to apply (ITAs) for provincial nominations, so far in 2021. A successful provincial nomination will guarantee an iTA for permanent residence in subsequent federal nomination draws.
Qualify for BC PNP Tech Program
British Columbia had recently made this pilot Tech program into a permanent residence program. This is expected to boost the immigration for in-demand tech workers and international students in the province.
In order to qualify for the program, candidates need to be registered in one of B.C.’s existing provincial immigration streams and have a valid job offer of at least 12 months in one of 29 eligible occupations to qualify for this stream.
Candidates who are invited to apply for a provincial nomination will need to submit a complete application. Once this is done, most tech applications will be processed within two to three months. After receiving a nomination confirmation from the province, they can apply for permanent residence from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) under the Provincial Nominee Program Class.
29 Eligible occupations for BC PNP Tech
- Telecommunication carriers managers- NOC 0131
- Computer and information systems managers- NOC 0213
- Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts- NOC 0512
- Civil engineers- NOC 2131
- Mechanical engineers- NOC 2132
- Electrical and electronics engineers- NOC 2133
- Chemical engineers- NOC 2134
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)- NOC 2147
- Information systems analysts and consultants- NOC 2171
- Database analysts and data administrators- NOC 2172
- Software engineers and designers- NOC 2173
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers- NOC 2174
- Web designers and developers- NOC 2175
- Biological technologists and technicians- NOC 2221
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians- NOC2241
- Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)- NOC 2242
- Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics- NOC 2243
- Computer network technicians- NOC 2281
- User support technicians- NOC 2282
- Information systems testing technicians- NOC 2283
- Authors and writers- NOC 5121
- Editors- NOC 5122
- Translators, terminologists, and interpreters- NOC 5125
- Broadcast technicians- NOC 5224
- Audio and video recording technicians- NOC 5225
- Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts- NOC 5226
- Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography, and the performing arts- NOC 5227
- Graphic designers and illustrators- NOC 5241
- Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade- NOC 6221
Take this free assessment online to determine your eligibility.
If you are planning to migrate to Canada, getting nominated through Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) will assure you permanent residency in Canada. Book your free appointment with CanApprove to know more.