The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued a total of 1902 targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream on February 02.
All the invited candidates were chosen from the federal Express Entry database and created and registered their profiles between February 2, 2022 – February 2, 2023. They are now eligible to apply for a provincial nomination and could eventually qualify for permanent residence in Canada.
Take this free online assessment to determine your eligibility.
Quick Highlights on February 02 OINP Targeted Draw
OINP issued targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) under its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream to candidates in two targeted occupations: Healthcare and Tech. Invited candidates have 45 days to submit a full application for their provincial nomination.
#1 Qualifying Score: As candidates having only registered Express Entry profiles were considered, the qualifying score was based on their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
A CRS score is given to candidates based on their human capital factors like age, language proficiency, work experience, and education qualification. The score is given out of 1200 points.
The qualifying CRS score for candidates in tech occupations varied between 481 and 489 while it varied for candidates in healthcare occupations varied between 476 and 489.
#2 Occupation of invited candidates: 1,127 candidates had a mandatory one year or more of work experience in one of the following tech occupations:
- NOC 20012 – Computer and information systems managers
- NOC 21211 – Data Scientists
- NOC 21223 – Database analysts and data administrators
- NOC 21230 – Computer systems developers and programmers
- NOC 21231 – Software engineers and designers
- NOC 21232 – Software developers and programmers
- NOC 21233 – Web designers
- NOC 21234 – Web developers and programmers
- NOC 21311 – Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
Additionally, 775 candidates in the following healthcare occupations were issued NOIs to apply for provincial nominations under February 02 draw:
- NOC 30010 – Managers in health care
- NOC 31100 – Specialists in clinical and laboratory medicine
- NOC 31101 – Specialists in surgery
- NOC 31102 – General practitioners and family physicians
- NOC 31103 – Veterinarians
- NOC 31110 – Dentists
- NOC 31111 – Optometrists
- NOC 31112 – Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- NOC 31120 – Pharmacists
- NOC 31121 – Dietitians and nutritionists
- NOC 31201 – Chiropractors
- NOC 31202 – Physiotherapists
- NOC 31203 – Occupational therapists
- NOC 31204 – Kinesiologists and other professional occupations in therapy and assessment
- NOC 31209 – Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
- NOC 31300 – Nursing coordinators and supervisors
- NOC 31301 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 31302 – Nurse practitioners
- NOC 31303 – Physician assistants, midwives, and allied health professionals
- NOC 32100 – Opticians
- NOC 32101 – Licensed practical nurses
- NOC 32102 – Paramedical occupations
- NOC 32103 – Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists, and cardiopulmonary technologists
- NOC 32104 – Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
- NOC 32109 – Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- NOC 32110 – Denturists
- NOC 32111 – Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- NOC 32112 – Dental technologists and technicians
- NOC 32120 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 32121 – Medical radiation technologists
- NOC 32122 – Medical sonographers
- NOC 32123 – Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists
- NOC 32124 – Pharmacy technicians
- NOC 32129 – Other medical technologists and technicians
- NOC 32200 – Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners and acupuncturists
- NOC 32201 – Massage therapists
- NOC 32209 – Other practitioners of natural healing
- NOC 33100 – Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- NOC 33101 – Medical laboratory assistants and related technical occupations
- NOC 33102 – Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 33103 – Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- NOC 33109 – Other assisting occupations in support of health services
Express Entry is a database management system for any foreign skilled workers with/without a job offer to show their interest to migrate to Canada for permanent residence. Further, those with successful provincial nominations get 600 additional CRS points, and thereby an effective guarantee to obtain permanent residence.
Book an appointment with our consultants to get further details on your Canada PR options.