British Columbia held weekly provincial nomination draws throughout the first month of 2023 inviting eligible candidates under the Skilled Worker and International Graduate streams along with the Express Entry option.
The British Columbia PNP Draws (BC PNP) issued over 800 provincial invitations under general draws and skill-based targeted nomination draws throughout January 2023.
The general draws invited about 661 candidates targeting tech occupations, while the skilled-based draw targeted the remaining 160 candidates under Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 42202) and Healthcare occupations.
All applicants were invited with varying cut-offs ranging from 60 (for skilled-based draws) and 105-82 (for general draws) to apply for provincial nominations.
Take this free assessment online to determine your eligibility to qualify for the upcoming Canada PNP draws.
Qualify for Upcoming BC PNP Draws
Interested candidates must register with the Skills and Immigration Registration System (SIRS) and have their profiles assessed. All eligible candidates are targeted based on one or more of the following factors:
- Education – level and field of education and where it was completed
- Eligible professional designations in B.C.
- Language skills
- Duration and skill level of work experience
- Wage and/or skill level of job offer
- Intent to live, work and settle in a specific region
- Strategic priorities – factors that address specific labor market needs in B.C. or support government pilot projects and initiatives
The invitations received under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) give interested aspirants a chance to live and work in the province and eventually qualify for Canadian permanent residency.
Any experienced candidate with a minimum of two years of full-time work experience in any skilled occupation (NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3) outside Canada may be invited under the BC PNP Skilled Worker stream.
Additionally, any international student who has graduated from a university or college in Canada within the past three years may be eligible for nomination under the BC PNP International Graduate stream.
BC PNP can also target eligible profiles already registered in the Express entry pool.
Invited candidates will need to submit a complete application within the next 45 days.
How to Apply?
Over 800,000 new immigrants in the next three years are expected to be targeted under economic-class programs like Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Programs, and the Quebec programs.
The addition of 600 points to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores linked to the Express Entry profile of candidates with prior provincial nominations guarantees invitations to apply for Canada PR.
Some in-demand tech occupations that may have received provincial nominations include
- Web designers & developers (NOC 21233, NOC 21234)
- Graphic designers, and illustrators (NOC 52120)
- Civil Engineers (NOC 21300)
- Mechanical Engineers (NOC 21301)
- Chemical Engineers (NOC 21320)
- Software Engineers (NOC 21231)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 20012)
- Technical Writers (NOC 51112), and more.
Few healthcare occupations that may have qualified for BC PNP skilled-based draw include
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 31301)
- Managers in healthcare (NOC 30010)
- Dentists (NOC 31110)
- Chiropractors (NOC 31201)
- Pharmacists (NOC 31120)
- Dietitians and nutritionists (NOC 31121)
- Audiologists and speech-language pathologists (NOC 31112)
- Physiotherapists (NOC 31202)
- Psychologists (NOC 31200), and more.
You may need professional assistance in determining the most suitable immigration programs based on your academic and work experience. Fortunately, CanApprove is closer to you in Dubai and rides on its rich legacy of 25+ experience in immigration and overseas education consultancy services.
We are certified by the College of Immigration, and CItizenship Consultants (CICC) to offer genuine immigration advice. Book your free appointment with us to find a suitable immigration pathway to Canada.