Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) held a new nomination draw on September 21 inviting eligible candidates under its Employer Job Offer stream.
Eligible immigration candidates include those who had already submitted their Expression of Interest (EOI) to the province. It resulted in nominations of foreign workers, international students and also candidates with a job offer in rural communities.
Three nomination draws from OINP resulted in a total of 995 invitations to apply for provincial nominations. A quick review of September 21 PNP draws is as follows:
- 406 invitations went to candidates who may be eligible for the Foreign Worker Stream. All the invited candidates had a score of at least 37. No specific occupation was targeted nor any location requirement was specified in these draws.
- Another 523 invitations were given to applications qualifying for the International Student Stream. All the invited candidates needed an EOI score of at least 61 in order to be invited.
- The remaining 66 invitations went to immigration candidates who were registered for the Regional Immigration Pilot. They may qualify for the same two Employer Job Offer streams as above.
A successful provincial nomination can expedite one’s chances of receiving permanent residence in Canada.
OINP Employer Job Offer Category
Ontario offers three Employer Job Offer streams for the nomination of eligible foreign immigrants to apply for provincial nominations:
- Foreign Worker Stream, for workers with a skilled job offer in Ontario. Applicants have to be eligible to accumulate the equivalent of two years of work experience in a skilled occupation. Further, they are required to have an eligible job offer in Ontario and intend to immigrate to the province, among other criteria.
- International Student Stream, for international students with skilled job offers. Applicants must complete a program at a Canadian Designated Learning Institution and have an eligible job offer in Ontario and intend to immigrate to the province in order to qualify.
- In-Demand Skills Stream, for workers in occupations that have labour shortages in Ontario.
Additionally, to qualify for Regional Immigration Pilot, applicants must be eligible for any of the OINP Employer Job Offer streams and their full-time job offer is in one of the participating communities.
New Instructions to Submit a Complete PNP Applications
The province had also released fresh instructions for Express Entry candidates as well as those who submitted profiles to Ontario’s EOI system to apply for provincial nominations. Here are the latest instructions regarding PNP applications:
- Mandatory Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for applications under the Express Entry stream. The province has specifically asked applicants to authorize World Education Services (WES) to share a copy of their ECA with the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. You may take the help of other organizations approved by the federal government for you to consider.
- For those applying under an Employer Job Offer stream, you have to submit a PDF copy of the Attestation Form. It should be printed, signed in ink by the applicant, and uploaded to the “Other” tab under Supporting Documents.
Take this free assessment online to determine your eligibility.
The rules keep updating frequently and which is why you may require professional assistance from experienced immigration lawyers to support you with the required documentation. Book an appointment with CanApprove today to get started!