The Canadian Government in its recent update stated that individuals who have been already approved under Canada’s Interim Pathway for Caregivers can now apply for a Canadian Open Work Permit Visa. The Canadian Government came up with this update on the 21st of March.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada said that candidates can be submitting an Open Work Permit when they submit an application for their Canadian Permanent Residence. The processing of the applied open work permit application will only be started once the candidate clears/passes IRCC’s eligibility test for the relevant pathway.
An applicant (Interim Pathway Caregiver) in order to be eligible for a Canadian Open Work Permit Visa should have met the following requirements:
- The applicant should be in Canada and should have the intent to reside in other Canadian provinces other than Quebec.
- Should be a principal applicant on a PR application under the Interim Pathway for Caregivers.
- The applicant should have been authorized to work in Canada under a work permit other than a Live-in Caregiver Program or
- The applicant should be eligible for restoration of status and should have held a work permit other than a Caregiver work permit or
- He/she should have been authorized to work without a work permit
- The applicant should have cleared an eligibility assessment for their paper application for permanent residence.
It should be noted that the Canadian Open Work Permits can also be availed by family members of Interim Pathways applicants (only if eligible). During the time of application submission, the primary applicant and his/her family members should be paying the work permit processing fee of $ 155.
This pathway will remain open until the 4th of June, 2019 and is open for individuals who came to work in Canada after the 30th of November 2014 under Caring for People with High Medical Needs or Caring for Children pilot program.
To know more about your pathways to obtain a Canadian PR, get in touch with our team of experts now!