It’s highly notable that the UK education system is recognized as a world-class system around the world. Education in the UK intends to provide quality and distinctive teaching that entices around 600,000 international students to study in the UK every year. Here we have one of the top 100 universities, marked under the UK rankings since 2017 that is De Montfort University.
DMU is in Leicester which is just an hour from London by train.
Apparently, Leicester is one of the greatest cities to live and work in the UK, next to Cardiff and London. The multiculturalism in the city makes it an ideal place to seek a rich experience of UK education for international students.
De Montfort University is a public university that initially was called Leicester school of art in 1870. Eventually, it evolved through many transformations and came to be known as De Montfort University in 1992. Over 2,700 international students from around 130 different countries opt this university every year.
Why choose De Montfort University?
- A beautiful campus blended with both classic and historical study areas makes a significant investment in the university.
- DMU holds the gold ranking in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). TEF is a scheme constructed by the UK government to check the teaching quality, the environment, and the outcome of the students.
- Given the ranking amongst the top 25 universities for employability in the UK, DMU boasts 96.7% of the students secure full-time employment after graduating.
- DMU has an exclusive support team for international students. They support students during their time at DMU.
- Additionally, DMU provides students with free English language assistance during their studies. Two hours per week for undergraduate students and then three hours per week for postgraduate students.
De Montfort University has ranked among the top 1,000 universities in the world on a global scale . Similarly, DMU secured its QS ranking between 801-1000 in the years 2020 and 2021. Since 2017, The prominent UK ranking publishers, The Complete and The Guardian University Guide placed De Montfort University under the top 100 universities in the UK
- QS World University Ranking 2022 – 801-1000
- The Complete University Guide 2022 – 101
- The Guardian University Rankings 2022 – 118
- The Times University Guide 2022 – 126
- US News and World Report 2022 – 1219
Popular De Montfort University courses
Moreover, DMU offers foundation courses, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs, and full-time and part-time courses. With vast streams like Arts and Design, Business Management, Engineering, Accounts, Architecture, Law, IT, Medicine
Additionally, Health science, Animation, and Teaching, there are over 300 UG and 200 PG courses offered.
Some of the popular courses are:
- Masters in Management (MIM)
- Masters of Engineering Management (MEM)
- MBA / PGDM
- B.E. / B. Tech
In addition, Non-UK students can do integrated programs offered by De Montfort University International College (DMUIC) which is fixed under DMU.
The International Incorporated Master’s and Pre-Top Up programs, as well as the International Incorporated Bachelor’s, are delivered in their initial stages by DMUIC. Following these students are directed to continue their studies at DMU and will be awarded a degree from De Montfort University.
De Montfort University Admission and Requirements
The application process differs depending on the degree of study you want to pursue and whether you are an international or UK student. The minimum IELTS score required by DMU is 5.5 or equivalent for all overseas applicants. If a candidate falls short of these standards, DMU offers them a pre-session English course to be finished right before a student enrolls in the first or second stage of the chosen course.
To be considered for admission, graduate applicants must have an undergraduate degree with a grade point average of between 55 and 69%. De Montfort University fee structure differs, according to the courses and the progressive years.
DMU IELTS requirements for different courses:
- MBA – 6 and above
- BE / BTECH – 6 to 6.5
- MS – 6 to 6.5
- BSc – 6.5 and above
Frequently asked question
- Does De Montfort University provide accommodation?
Meanwhile, DMU guarantees to provide accommodation for international students who meet the given criteria. In order to qualify for accommodations, you must be a full-time DMU student for the duration of your stay.
- Can I get a part-time job while studying?
DMU allow students to do part time job while studying. In order, they get the permit to work up to 20 hours per week after studying for six months in the UK.
- De Montfort University intake months?
Both the September and the January intakes are open for admission to DMU programs.
Hope the insights gained helped you to know all about De Montfort University. Land on your dream college with the guidance and support of CanApprove Immigration and educational consultancy.
Subscribe our YouTube channel for more Immigration and Overseas Education updates.
We guide you throughout your Overseas education process. Contact us now!