Canada Express Entry
The new Canadian Immigration program, known as the “Canada Express Entry Program” was brought into effect on January 2015 hoping to achieve the Canadian Immigration goals and meet the skilled labour shortages in the country. The Express Entry program is run by the Canadian government and issues Invitation to Apply for skilled individuals who aspire to migrate to Canada.
What is the Canada Express Entry Program?
The Express Entry is an online immigration portal controlled by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through which individuals who wish to migrate to Canada can submit a profile. The Canada Express Entry Program has helped the government to be more specific & target individuals with exactly needed skills.
How Does the Canada Express Entry System Work?
- The applicant who wishes to migrate to Canada should initially submit a profile in the Express Entry Pool.
- The applicant’s profile will be assessed and granted respective CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) scores.
- During the Express Entry Draws, you may be issued an Invitation to Apply if your CRS scores are high, offering you a chance to migrate to Canada as a skilled migrant.
- On applying for Permanent Residence, your application will be processed within a duration of 6 months.
Which Immigration Programs Does Canada Express Entry System Support?
Applicants who wish to migrate to Canada can make use of the Express Entry provided they are eligible to migrate to under one of the following programs:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program: The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is for individuals who have the skills and the potential to migrate to Canada.
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program: People who wish to obtain a Canadian PR visa can migrate to Canada under the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
- The Canadian Experience Class: Individuals who possess considerable skilled work experience in Canada can migrate under the Canadian Experience Class program.
What Are the Selection Factors Under the Canada Express Entry Program?
An applicant will be assessed on several factors before he/she is issued an Invitation to Apply. CRS scores for an applicant will be assessed on the following factors:
- The Applicant’s Education Level
- Abilities in English & French (French is optional except for certain provinces)
- The Applicant’s Experience & Skills
- A Canadian Job Offer
- Spouse’s Education, Language & Work Experience
How Are Applicants Chosen for Permanent Residence Under Canada Express Entry Program?
- Once the applicant creates and submits his/her profile, the profile becomes one among the thousands of profiles in the Express Entry Pool.
- During the Canada Express Entry Draws, the applicant’s ranking & position is based on the number of points he/she has.
- The higher the points the applicant has, the more are the chances that he/she receives an ITA to migrate to Canada.
Other Important Information About the Canada Express Entry System: -
- CRS scores are considered as a prime factor in the Express Entry System. An applicant should have a high CRS score if he/she wants to increase their chances of getting selected.
- Possessing a valid job offer or a provincial nominee certificate from a province will increase the CRS points and can help the applicant receive an ITA quite easily.
- Applicants can update their Express Entry Profile every now and then which would increase their chances to receive an ITA.
- It is not mandatory that an applicant should have a job offer if he/she wants to migrate to Canada under the Canada Express Entry Program though possessing a valid job offer would grant them additional CRS scores.
- The Express Entry Draws are conducted every two weeks which means applicants have abundant chances to receive an ITA if they have not been selected to
- The Canadian Express Entry Program does not have any cap limit. Applicants can submit a profile under the Express Entry Program during any time of the year.
The Canadian Express Entry Program has proved to be a worthy initiative taken by the Canadian government to process skilled worker applications. The efficient functioning and quick processing of the system promises the applicants quick and definite results, standing as a reliable way for skilled workers to migrate to Canada.
Get in touch with us to know more about the Canada Express Entry Program and get a free consultation & an eligibility assessment from one of our immigration experts.