The Government of Alberta has invited nearly 600 candidates to apply for permanent residency through the Express Entry-linked stream of the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) in seven recent draws.
The draws, which took place between May 9 and June 15, 2023, saw invitations issued to candidates in a number of different categories, including:
- Skilled workers with an Alberta job offer
- International graduates with an Alberta degree
- Entrepreneurs with a business plan to create jobs in Alberta
The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score required to receive an invitation in the recent draws ranged from 307 to 372.
Earlier, Rajan Sawhney, Minister of Trade, Immigration, and Multiculturalism reaffirmed, “Alberta needs more immigrants. We need them to help grow our communities, address labor shortages in key sectors and help continue Alberta’s economic success.”
|Date||NOIs Sent||Who Were Invited?||Lowest CRS|
Primary Occupations In Demand in Alberta
Some occupations are in demand because they are essential to the Alberta economy. They require a variety of skills and experience, and they offer good salaries and benefits.
If you are considering immigrating to Alberta, these are some of the occupations that you may want to consider.
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- Transport truck drivers
- Retail and wholesale trade managers
- Retail sales supervisors
- Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers
- Accounting and related clerks
- Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- Shippers and receivers
- Administrative officers
- Other customer and information services representatives
- Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- Restaurant and food service managers
- Hairstylists and barbers
- Construction managers
- Web designers and developers
- Concrete finishers
- Floor covering installers
- Roofers and shinglers
- Human resources and recruitment officers
- Purchasing managers
- Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists, and cardiopulmonary technologists
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- Allied primary health practitioners
- Health information management occupations
- Pulp mill machine operators
- Telecommunications line and cable workers
- Transportation route and crew schedulers
About the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program
The Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) is a government-sponsored program that helps attract and retain skilled immigrants to Alberta. The AAIP offers a number of different immigration streams, including the Express Entry-linked stream, the International Graduate Stream, and the Entrepreneur Stream.
The Express Entry-linked stream is the most popular stream in the AAIP. Applicants who are invited to apply for permanent residency through the Express Entry-linked stream are not required to have a job offer in Alberta, but they must meet certain eligibility requirements, such as having a valid work permit or a study permit.
The International Graduate Stream is designed for international graduates who have graduated from an eligible Alberta post-secondary institution. Applicants who are invited to apply for permanent residency through the International Graduate Stream must have a valid work permit and meet certain other eligibility requirements.
The Entrepreneur Stream is designed for entrepreneurs who have a business plan to create jobs in Alberta. Applicants who are invited to apply for permanent residency through the Entrepreneur Stream must have a valid work permit and meet certain other eligibility requirements.
If you are interested in immigrating to Alberta through the AAIP, you can learn more about the program and the eligibility requirements on the Alberta Immigration website.
You may also claim your free appointment with CanApprove to get started!