The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) conducted its Tech Pilot nomination draw on April 06, 2021. It resulted in 80 invitations to apply for permanent residence (PR) through the provincial nominations.
All the invitations were issued under two provincial streams namely Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC) and Skills Immigration (SI). The minimum qualifying score remained the same as that in the previous BC PNP Tech Pilot draws.
British Columbia is the only Canadian province that has been actively nominating immigration candidates under its provincial streams since the start of 2021. The province has now held 19 draws, thereby bringing the total number of invitations issued to date to around 3,000 provincial nominations.
Take this free assessment online to determine your chances of immigration to Canada.
Immigrate To Canada Through BC PNP Tech Pilot
Since its launch in 2017, the BC PNP Tech Pilot has benefited thousands of in-demand tech workers and international students.
In order to be considered eligible for this program, candidates need to be registered in one of B.C.’s existing provincial immigration streams and have a valid job offer of at least 12 months in one of the Tech Pilot’s 29 eligible occupations.
One may apply under the Skills Immigration or Express Entry BC (EEBC) categories in order to fulfill the existing provincial stream condition.
A prior registration under the province’s Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS) is mandatory to initiate the nomination process. All the applicants are invited to apply for provincial nomination based on a pre-determined score which evaluated the level of education, years of direct work experience, and validity of a B.C. employment offer.
This qualifying provincial score in April 06 BC PNP Tech Pilot draw was 80 points.
The major difference between SI & EEBC categories is the way eligible immigration candidates are nominated. EEBC category makes use of the federal Express Entry pool. It consists of applicants qualifying for either one of the three federal programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skills Trades Program (FSTP), and Canada Experience Class (CEC). Additionally, such candidates are willing to obtain permanent residence through a provincial nominee program.
Further, those who had received provincial nominations receive an additional 600 points towards their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. This is more than enough to guarantee them an invitation to apply for Canada PR in the subsequent federal Express Entry draw.
Here is a comprehensive list of 29 eligible Tech occupations:
- Telecommunication carriers managers- NOC 0131
- Computer and information systems managers- NOC 0213
- Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting, and performing arts- NOC 0512
- Civil engineers- NOC 2131
- Mechanical engineers- NOC 2132
- Electrical and electronics engineers- NOC 2133
- Chemical engineers- NOC 2134
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)- NOC 2147
- Information systems analysts and consultants- NOC 2171
- Database analysts and data administrators- NOC 2172
- Software engineers and designers- NOC 2173
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers- NOC 2174
- Web designers and developers- NOC 2175
- Biological technologists and technicians- NOC 2221
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians- NOC 2241
- Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)- NOC 2242
- Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics- NOC 2243
- Computer network technicians- NOC 2281
- User support technicians- NOC 2282
- Information systems testing technicians- NOC 2283
- Authors and writers- NOC 5121
- Editors- NOC 5122
- Translators, terminologists, and interpreters- NOC 5125
- Broadcast technicians- NOC 5224
- Audio and video recording technicians- NOC 5225
- Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts- NOC 5226
- Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography, and the performing arts- NOC 5227
- Graphic designers and illustrators- NOC 5241
- Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade- NOC 6221
Upon receiving invitations, Tech Pilot candidates have 30 calendar days to apply for the nomination.
If you are looking for better career prospects, immigration as a skilled worker, or entrepreneur, or international student in an advanced economy like Canada is now open!
Further, new studies have shown increased retention rates of immigrants in Canadian provinces. Talk to our immigration experts to know your best chances of settling in Canada.
Book your appointment today!