The uncertainty over the near-term future of Canada Express Entry is addressed by a new internal memo from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The memo discussed resuming Express Entry draws targeting Federal Skilled Worker Program and Canada Experience Class candidates “later in 2022.”
- Invitation to apply rounds for Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canadian Experience Class, and Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) candidates will resume later in 2022.
- Temporary pause on invitations to FSWP, CEC, and FSTP candidates will continue until March 31st while continuing Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) invitations.
- IRCC will re-assess the situation in March with a plan on the future of Express Entry invitations to determine what timeline and volume will align with the Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024.
- IRCC will have to reduce the Express Entry backlog by more than half in order to achieve the 6-month service standard for new applicants.
Canada Express Entry System Projections for 2022
As of March 15, 2022, there were about 41,300 people in the FSWP inventory. Meanwhile, there are just over 10,000 people left in the CEC backlog.
|Going by the current state of Canada Express Entry draws and processing rates, IRCC could bring down the CEC & FSWP backlog to zero by the summer or by the end of the year respectively.
Good time to enter the federal Express Entry pool for Canada permanent residency is almost right! Get in touch with our immigration consultant to learn more about your chances.
Take this free assessment online to determine your eligibility to enter the Express Entry draws.
Register Yourself in the Express Entry Pool for Free & Qualify for Permanent Residence in Canada
Immigration aspirants choose Canada because of its direct permanent residence pathway. A PR invitation through the provincial nomination route is not a direct pathway, however, is very effective to secure your chances of applying for Canada PR.
Any prospective candidate who seeks to obtain permanent residence in Canada must register on Canada Express Entry online portal. All the registered profiles are then assessed and ranked based on a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Such profiles are evaluated on a total of 1200 points. The human capital criteria like
- work experience outside Canada,
- language proficiency in English/French,
- spouse adaptability,
- Canadian study experience, etc. are considered for evaluation purposes.
Book your free appointment with CanApprove to learn more about your chances of qualifying for immigration to Canada and obtaining a permanent residency.