In the first Express Entry-linked draw of Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program(OINP) in 2020, the province invited 242 candidates belonging to the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream to apply for provincial nomination. French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream is one of the three immigration pathways under OINP that are aligned to the federal Express Entry system. The candidates invited in the latest draw had CRS score ranging between 433 and 472. The highest score in this score range in one point lower compared to the CRS cut-off score for candidates invited in the recent federal Express Entry draw held on January 8.
The French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream candidates invited in the latest OINP draw may submit the complete application for provincial nomination within 45 calendar days. Upon receiving the provincial nomination, they will have 600 additional CRS score points added to their total CRS score. It ensures them an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in Canada in the subsequent Express Entry draw.
Ontario French-speaking Skilled Worker Stream
Through the Express Entry-aligned French-speaking Skilled Worker Stream,Ontario selects eligible candidates from the federal Express Entry pool to nominate for permanent residence in Canada. To receive invitation through the Stream, the candidate must have demonstrate proficiency in French language at a level equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or higher in all the four abilities-reading, writing, speaking, listening. They must also demonstrate proficiency in English at a level equal to CLB level 6 in all the four abilities.
Other major eligibility requirements are:
- Be eligible under one of the federal economic immigration programs under the Express Entry-Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class
- Education qualification must be equal to Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree. If the degrees are earned from institutions outside Canada, the candidate needs to produce an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report
- Intention to live and work in Ontario
- Must be legally residing in Canada, if the application is being submitted from Canada
- Sufficient funds to settle in Ontario
- Meet the work experience requirements. The requirements are different for different federal economic immigration programs under Express Entry
The candidates who have received invitations in the latest draw have 45 calendar days to submit their completed application.
If you think you are less fortunate with federal Express Entry because of low CRS score, Provincial Nominee Programs are a great option for you. Check your eligibility move to Canada through Provincial Nominee Programs with our free online assessment form.
Canada Provincial Nominee Program is a great option for those candidates who have low CRS score. If you find less fortunate with federal Express Entry draws, find the most suitable PNP program for you with the help of the expert Canada immigration consultants of CanApprove! We will help you to make your Canadian dream come true.