In the two recent Arrima Expression of Interest draws, a total of 305 Quebec Skilled Worker Program candidates were invited to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). The two draws were held on December 12 and 17 in which 85 and 220 invites were issued respectively. The frequent Arrima draws indicate that in 2020 too, the Quebec Expression of Interest system will remain highly active.
In the December 12 Arrima draw, Quebec invited candidates who are either those who have a job offer or those who are already in Quebec as a diplomatic agent, consular officer, representative or a duly accredited official of a foreign country or of the United Nations.
At the same time, the candidates invited in the December 17 draw:
- Had submitted their applications to Quebec Skilled Worker Program under the old system, which were terminated following the governing Coalition Avenir Quebec’s Bill 9.
- Submitted an Expression of Interest through the Arrima system before December 17, 2019
- Had submitted the terminated application according to section 5.01 of the Regulation related selecting foreign nationals
Had been residing in Quebec on June 16, 2019 with a study or work permit.
The candidates invited in the two recent draws may submit the complete application for the Quebec Selection Certificate within 60 days. In the nine draws held since July 2019, Quebec has issued a total of 2072 invitations so far.
Arrima Expression of Interest
The steps involved in applying for a Quebec Selection Certificate through the Arrima Expression of Interest system are:
- Interested candidates submitting an online Expression of Interest through the Arrima system
- The Expression of Interest profiles are ranked on the basis of various eligibility factors. The profile remains valid for 12 months.
- In periodic Arrima draws, Quebec invites those with the highest ranks to apply for CSQ.
- 4. The invited candidates can submit the complete application for CSQ within 60 days.
- Those who receive a nomination certificate from Quebec may apply for permanent residence in Canada.
CanApprove has more than two decades of experience in successfully helping clients to move to Canada permanently. Contact us for expert professional assistance to migrate to Quebec in 2020.