The recent lockdowns gave most of us the time to re-think our career goals in life. This was accompanied by a surge in online searches for the term “how to immigrate to…”
Following which, Remitly analyzed the online search volume of phrases related to moving abroad and immigration in over 100 countries and in different languages. The report – “Where the World Wants to Work: the most popular countries for moving abroad” released by Remitly named Canada as the most popular immigration destination.
Canada boasts of having over 100 immigration programs for economic-class immigrants including skilled workers, entrepreneurs, students, as well as their dependents through family-class programs. The country also has low unemployment rates and provides free universal healthcare. The country is even ranked sixth in the Global Peace Index.
Canada topped the Remitly report list with citizens from 29 countries wanting to move to the North American nation. Canada is seen as the clear choice as Japan held second place with citizens from just 13 countries willing to immigrate to the Asian country.
Other western developed countries that rank top include Australia at fifth place and the United States at ninth.
Take this free assessment online to determine your eligibility.
Why is now the best time to move to Canada?
CanApprove has been in the immigration services business for over two decades. We are not just any consultant but a registered member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). It is a regulatory body to protect the interests of people who avail of Canadian Immigration services.
We hate speculating but the fact of the matter remains the same – now is the best time to immigrate to Canada! The following trends made us think so and may convince you as well:
- The unveiling of new Immigration Levels Plan for 2021-2023 which targets 400,000 new immigrants to be welcomed each year until 2023. Over 60% of the target would be nominated for Canada PR through economic-class programs like Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Programs, Entrepreneur programs.
- French-speaking or bilingual candidates are more favored for permanent residence. Canada aims to increase its population by 4.4% outside the Quebec region.
- New Entrepreneur Immigration program like British Columbia Regional Pilot is an attractive option to settle and start a business in Canada. Canada PR can be obtained with five years.
- The federal Express Entry will issue over 100,000 invitations to apply (ITAs) for Canada PR in a single year as against the 2020 target of 91,870 ITAs. In the coming years, the target is expected to increase and actual invitations to exceed.
- Canadian Immigration Minister appearing before the Immigration Committee assured a pathway to permanent residence for workers who are contributing to essential parts of the economy, ear-marking occupations like doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and support workers.
- Family immigration programs are targeting 10,000 sponsors in 2020 for the Parents & Grandparents Program and the same is expected to jump up to 30,000 sponsors.
- Moreover, public confidence in welcoming more immigrants to Canada is at an all-time high. Thereby, it becomes easier for policymakers to focus on simplifying immigration laws to attract more foreign skilled workers, entrepreneurs, international graduates.
If you are convinced that now is the best time to kick-start your immigration plans, take a free consultation with us. Comment down below even if you think otherwise or you need any specific information regarding Canadian Immigration.