Even as the Canadian Immigration System is recovering exceedingly well from the backlash of the pandemic, Canada’s border will remain closed to foreign nationals who are coming for a non-optional, non-discretionary reason – recreation, tourism, or entertainment.
Canada decided to extend the travel restriction until January 21, 2021.
However, Canada has already exempted the following list of people from travel restrictions:
- Canadian citizens (including dual citizens) or permanent residents;
- certain people who have been approved for Canadian permanent residence;
- certain temporary foreign workers;
- certain international students;
- immediate family members of Canadians;
- extended family members of Canadians;
Canada Immigration Options Still Open!
Despite the economic impact of the coronavirus, Canada still has a rapidly aging population and low birth rate. And welcoming more foreign skilled workers, entrepreneurs who are willing to settle and contribute to Canada’s economy is seen as the best solution.
Canada’s immigration minister Marco Mendicino made several public announcements stressing the need to continue to increase its immigration levels. Following which:
- Canada unveiled its revised Immigration Levels Plan for 2021-23, inviting over 400,000 new immigrants each year.
- Express Entry draws issuing the most number of invitations to apply for Canada PR in a single year.
- Regular conduct of the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) draws instils hope in raising the level of immigrants in the coming years.
- Canada targeting at inviting 10,000 sponsors in 2020, the same is expected to jump up to 30,000 sponsors.
- Canada aims to increase more french-speaking population by 4.4% outside the Quebec region. This is happening by introducing changes in the Comprehensive Ranking System, Canada PNP awarding additional points to candidates with bilingual (English and French) ability, etc.)
- Canada is looking into ways to allow temporary residents to become permanent residents soon.
Take this free assessment online to determine your eligibility for immigration.
Now is the right time to create and register your Express Entry profile online, show your expression of interest in desirable provincial programs, upgrade your skill-set to qualify in subsequent federal nomination draws.
Canada is equally thrilled to welcome eligible foreign entrepreneurs to invest and start a new business in the country. Contact CanApprove to know your prospects and kick-start your immigration plans.
Get in touch with us through…
Contact: + 91-422-4980255 (India)/+ 971-42865134 (Dubai)