Ontario held this year’s fifth nomination draws for entrepreneurs on October 26.
The Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) targets individuals who are looking to start a new business or buy an existing business in the province. Such individuals are given a temporary work permit in Ontario and only if the individuals complies with their investment plans will they be offered a permanent residence in Canada.
Over the years, Ontario has successfully attracted many such individuals to boost its economy. October 26 draws issued nominations to 21 candidates who had Expression of Interest (EOI) scores between 142 and 200.
An EOI system is not to apply but only to show one’s intent to be considered for provincial nominations. It is a points-based system and depends on factors like:
- Business Concept- maximum 74 points
- Investment Factors- maximum 46 points
- Human Capital Factors- maximum 80 points
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
After receiving temporary work permit in Ontario and establishing a business as per the plan, the candidates must met the following requirements to be considered for a provincial nomination:
- Language proficiency at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 level or equivalent;
- Meet the residency requirements of the program, like physically residing in the province for 75% of the period;
- Nominees must also continue to meet the conditions of the Performance Agreement with Ontario.
OINP is also actively nominating foreign workers specializing in Tech occupations like,
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmer and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
Contact our consultants to know more about Canada PNP programs.
Historic Canada Immigration Levels Plan 2021-2023
Canada unveiled its much-awaited and revised immigration plan last week. The country is now targeting to welcome over 1.2 Million new immigrants over the next three years. i.e. welcoming at least 400,000 immigrants each year until 2023.
Over 50% of new immigrants each year are expected to come from economic-class programs which majorly includes skilled workers, international students and foreign entrepreneurs. Immigration pathways such as Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are best suited for aspirants looking to obtain permanent residence in Canada.
Recent changes in Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) based evaluation for Express Entry profiles aims at increasing francophone, or french-speaking population outside the Quebec region by 2023. PNP-programs continues to conduct weekly draws for eligible entrepreneurs, skilled workers to apply for provincial nominations. A provincial nomination is considered to be a guarantee ticket to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
Take this quick eligibility assessment for free to determine your chances of immigrating to Canada.
CanApprove has been a trusted immigration partner for several candidates aspiring for a better career and life opportunities in foreign countries. Book your free consultation now to kickstart your immigration plans!