Quebec Experience Class Program
An individual who wishes to migrate to Quebec should know that Quebec has a separate immigration system and does not follow the immigration programs that other Canadian provinces follow. It should be noted that Quebec does not run an immigrant nominee but provides aspirants Quebec Experience Class Program which could be of great use to people who to immigrate to Quebec.
What is the Quebec Experience Class Program?
The Quebec Experience Class Program is for foreign students & foreign temporary workers. Foreign temporary workers who have had work experience in Quebec and foreign students who have studied in Quebec become eligible to apply for permanent residency and immigrate to Quebec.
Quebec Experience Class Program for Temporary Worker: -
The Quebec Experience Class Program allows temporary workers who have had work experience in Quebec to apply for permanent residence provided they meet the below-mentioned requirement conditions:
- The individual who is applying for the Quebec Experience Class Program must be residing in Quebec as a temporary foreign worker or he/she should be in an approved holiday program (work).
- He/she should have been employed as a full-time employee in Quebec (paid employment) for a time period of 12 months. It is not necessary that the 12-month work duration should be under the same employee. It can be accumulated split-ups from different workers.
- Full-time employment in Quebec means an individual should be working at least a minimum of 30 hours per week (paid work).
- The job the applicant is holding should be either managerial, professional or technical levels and should be listed under the National Occupational Classification.
- The individual when submitting the application should be employed as a full-time employee and he/should have complied with the visa conditions stated by a temporary foreign worker program.
- The Quebec Experience Class Program is not a points-based program and the decisions are made purely based on the provided information & submitted documentation.
- The temporary foreign worker should possess good knowledge of the French language in order to immigrate under the Quebec Experience Class Program.
- The individual should have the intention to settle down in Quebec.
- The applicant should be financially self-sufficient to take care of him/herself.
Quebec Experience Class Program for Foreign Students: -
Students can be eligible to apply for the Quebec Experience Class Program if they are studying in Quebec and are about to obtain one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- The university in which the individual obtains a degree should be located in Quebec and also should be recognized by the government.
- The student should have lived in Quebec for at least half of their study duration.
- It should be noted that students who wish to migrate to Quebec under the Quebec Experience Class Program should apply prior to six months of his/her course completion.
- The student should have completed a French Course in Quebec.
- The student should be aged at least 18 at the time of application.
- The applicant should have sufficient funds in order to take care of him/herself.
Advantages of Immigrating to Quebec Under the Quebec Experience Class Program: -
- Quebec Immigration is more flexible because it allows experienced candidates to migrate.
- The amount of funds required to settle in Quebec is lower.
- Immigrating to Quebec under the Quebec Experience Class Program allows the applicant to obtain a Canadian Permanent Resident Visa.
- The processing time for the Quebec Experience Class Program is quite shorter when compared to other Canadian Federal Programs.
Are you looking forward to migrating to Quebec under the Quebec Experience Class Program? Get in touch
with our team of immigration experts to check your eligibility to migrate to Quebec for free!