Centennial College – Recap!
Centennial College in Canada might be the appropriate destination for international students to pursue higher education. Being one of the oldest standing institutions in Canada, Centennial boasts of offering an exemplifying education for native and international students. So, thinking of what’s special about Centennial College? I’m right there. Read the blog to know why!!
The long-standing public-funded college in Ontario – Centennial College of applied arts and Technology was established in the year 1966. It was when the Ontario Public College System was formed.
Back then, it started with one campus in Warden Woods. But, what the college never knew then was about establishing itself firmly in various locations of Canada.
Presently, there are 5 active campuses of Centennial College in Canada.
- Morningside Campus
- Progress Campus
- Ashtonbee Campus
- Story Arts Centre
- Downsview Aerospace Hub
Eventually, these were started one after the other in various timelines. Currently, each campus is delivering a commendable education in various domains to all the students around the world who gets into Canada.
Since the time it was instantiated, it’s not just for education, but is acting as a culturally diversified institution representing close to 100 ethnocultural groups while 80 languages are officially spoken in the college!
above all, as an international student, you will have your socks knocked off to be learning in such a culturally blended environment.
What courses have Centennial College in Canada got for International Students?
And, when it comes to programs at centennial college, there is a wide range to choose from, based on the education qualification of the applicant.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- College Preparation
- Honors Bachelor Degree
- Ontario College Advanced Diploma
- Ontario College Certificate
- Ontario College Diploma
- Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Recognition of Achievement Certificate
Courses offered by Centennial
Basically, talking about the courses, Man-oh-man! There, surprisingly are hell lotta courses that interest you. Certainly, you can choose the one that closely aligns with your previous education qualification or work experience.
- Construction Project Management
- Automation and Robotics – Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Networking – Computer Systems Technology
- Global Business Management
- Project Management
- Alcoholic Beverages Management
- Business Analytics and Insights – Canadian Context
- Global Business Management
- Insurance Management
- Public Relations Management
- Avionics Maintenance and Management – Aviation Technology
- Financial Services
- Strategic Management – Accounting Specialization
- Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Hospitality and Tourism Administration
- Game Development
- Film and Design
And that’s not the end. adding to your excitement, there are more than 200 courses offered by Centennial College in Canada available for international students to get enrolled in.
So, what more do you need?
Facts to know about Centennial College
- Notably, Centennial is the first Canadian college to be approved by the Chinese government to officially deliver Canadian education in the Chinese Republic. The Suzhou Centennial College officially commenced in 2016. Thereby, the college delivers 18 programs, of which 4 are centennial programs offering Canadian credentials in finance, accounting, software engineering, and business foundations.
- The first building of Centennial College – Warden Woods, was a decommissioned federal building renovated to become a teaching institution.
- This campus opened with 514 students who took up 16 career-oriented programs like Secretarial Science, Early Childhood Education, and Journalism
- The warden woods campus, thereafter, was mostly demolished in 2005 and at present, it’s a residential development.
- At this time, there are 22,000 full-time students and 19,000 part-time students.
Why Study at Centennial College?
I can hear you wonder ‘Why should one study at Centennial College in Canada?’. Be that as it may, there are ample answers that you’re gonna get. Undoubtedly, studying at Centennial College in Canada will,
- Make you internationally recognized
- obviously, introduce you to ample job opportunities all around the world in your field
- Help you attain the good verbal ability
- Enable you to make friends from various walks of life
- Enhance your academic qualification
- Make you live in a culturally blended society
- Equip you with the in-demand interpersonal skills to work in the global job market
Also, studying at Centennial College will be highly effective in landing a perfect job. Actually, the college has a strong Program Advisory Committee (PAC) with companies like Air Canada, Microsoft, IBM, Samsung, Salesforce, Facebook, Canadian press, Sun Life Financial Inc. and many others partaking in it.
Moreover, international students have the benefit of applying for Canada PR after completing their education in a Designated Learning Institution. Basically, upon qualifying the eligibility criteria, you can apply for a Canada Permanent Residency.
To cover up, Centennial is one of the best colleges in Canada and to apply to a college like that is not really that hard if you were said so. Because CanApprove is here to break the ice in your application process.
Specifically, we have been offering immigration and overseas education services for years now! Our experts are right here to walk you through the overseas education journey and materialize your dream of studying abroad. Connect with us now!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to apply for Centennial College?
Generally, it’s easier to apply for Centennial College but not conveyed so. CanApprove has been providing overseas education services for years and someone who is looking for an application in Centennial College can help themselves by visiting CanApprove.
2. What is the ranking of Centennial College?
Factually, It ranks #79 in the country
3. Requirements to study at Centennial College?
Certainly, to apply for centennial college, you must be at least 21 years, with previous education that’s equivalent to Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Also, You will require a university degree or a three-year diploma for a graduate certificate program.
Likewise, depending on the level of education and the program you tend to choose, you will have your requirements set up.
Finally, I believe this blog is an impetus to kick off your overseas education!