Canada accounted for 8.3 million immigrants (23% of total population) in 2021. Census 2021 forecasts the immigrant population in Canada to go as high as 34% by 2041.
As we enter 2023, the time is ripe to preview four key Canadian immigration pathways and how you can go about it to qualify for Canadian permanent residency in 2023.
Provincial Nominee Programs in 2023
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) are crucial to helping Canada address specific labor market needs that are becoming more prominent across the country. Canadian provinces and territories are allowed to nominate applicants based on their local economic demands and the individual’s skills in establishing themselves within the province.
Interested candidates can qualify for consideration through two streams:
- they can apply directly to a province through a base stream or
- get an enhanced nomination through the federal Express Entry system
Why PNP will be the top Canadian immigration pathway in 2023?
- 2023 is expected to see Canada welcome just under 23,000 more PNP immigrants than Express Entry candidates.
- The intake targets under various PNP for 2023 are set at 105,500 candidates.
- Canadian immigration in the recent past had heavily relied on Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) to sustain the immigration intake levels post-pandemic.
- Canada Express Entry draws for the past 18-20 months until July 2022 invited only candidates with prior provincial nominations to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
Click here to check the latest PNP updates.
Canada Express Entry in 2023
Express Entry may have lost its charm owing to high immigration application backlogs post-pandemic. However, all efforts are in place to make Express Entry the most preferred Canadian immigration PR pathway by skilled immigrants.
The intake target under Express Entry in 2023 is 82,880 candidates. You may enter the Canada Express Entry pool ahead of 2023 reforms for the following benefits:
- Canada Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months.
- You can take advantage of the tie-breaker rule by getting in the Express Entry pool early.
- Work experience in target occupations increases the chances of qualifying.
- Fortnightly Canada Express Entry draws to keep your chances high for provincial nominations.
- Provincial nomination increases CRS by 600 points, effectively guaranteeing a permanent residence invitation from IRCC.
- You can be among the many immigrants with relevant work experience and not necessarily a job offer in Canada to qualify for Canada Express Entry.
How is IRCC renovating Canada Express Entry in 2023?
- Canada Express Entry nomination rounds for PR will target occupation-specific candidates starting in 2023.
- New Canada NOC 2021 will impact CRS score eligibility for Express Entry.
- Canada allows self-employed Physicians to apply for permanent residency through Express Entry.
- IRCC promises a service standard of 6 months for new Express Entry applications.
Applying through a certified immigration consultant like CanApprove can boost your chances of qualifying for Canada PR.
International Students in 2023
Every year, nearly 350,000 foreign nationals study across various Canadian universities. The total admission rate of international students in Canada is increasing year-on-year with the latest hike of 56% in study permit applications over 2020 student visa annual intakes.
Canada is among the top three study-abroad destinations along with the United States of America and Australia. The biggest advantage among other study-abroad destinations is that Canada offers the most reliable immigration and settlement options after graduation, apart from world-class study programs, global scholarships, etc.
What makes studying abroad in Canada more desirable in 2023?
- Three Canadian Universities placed in the Top 100 World’s Best Universities.
- 3 out of every 10 international students transition to permanent residency within just 10 years of first receiving their study permit.
- Multiple immigration pathways after graduation: Post-Graduation Work Permit, provincial streams, or Canada Experience Class.
- Until the end of 2023, international students who are in Canada and have off-campus work authorization on their study permit can work more than 20 hours per week off-campus while the class is in session.
Parents and Grandparents Program in 2023
The popularity of Canada’s Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) will continue in 2023 as it remains the core of family reunification programs.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their parents and grandparents to immigrate to Canada. Parents and grandparents who are approved under this program may obtain permanent residency. Further, doors to apply for Canadian citizenship will also open.
Immigration levels plan 2023-2025 has fixed the intake targets under the following family reunification programs:
- Parents and Grandparents (including super visa): 28,500
- Spouses/Partners and Children: 78,000
However, we are yet to receive official details regarding the exact selection process for the PGP in 2023.
Simplify your Canadian Immigration with CanApprove
You should visit a Certified Immigration Consultant like CanApprove if:
- you’re applying through a complex immigration program
- you wish to ignore tedious documentation
- you’ve been rejected previously
- you have a potential medical inadmissibility concern
- you have a unique case in hand
CanApprove is registered and certified by the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC). It assures you of genuine immigration advice and authentic documentation support.
Additionally, CanApprove has direct tie-ups with various Canadian institutions facilitating easy admission and fulfilling your study abroad dream. We can help you with:
- Study Abroad Counseling, avail professional counseling which helps you to choose the right course and university in Canada
- Course Recommendation program, get unbiased advice that helps you fulfill your study abroad dream
- Canada Student Visa, get counseling and advice from proven experts to advise you in all the steps and further qualify for a work permit post-graduation.
Subscribe our YouTube Channel for more Immigration and Overseas Education updates.
Our 25+ years of industry experience will boost your chances of qualifying for Canadian immigration in 2023. Book your appointment with us to plan your immigration journey today!