Australian immigration has evolved over the years to welcome eligible foreign skilled workers, business individuals, students to work & settle in the country. In return, the country rewards its immigrants with permanent residence and various rights on par with citizens. Eventually, these immigrants are eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship.
Australia is one of the most immigration friendly destinations next to Canada. Major urban centers like Sydney and Melbourne have attracted several immigrants over the years to work & settle in Australia.
It is recently that Australian immigration is more focussed on welcoming qualified immigrants to smaller cities and regional areas in Australia. Some of these areas include Broome and Geraldton in Western Australia, smaller cities in provinces like Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria offer excellent work opportunities for immigrants in Manufacturing, Construction, Food & Beverages & also Education.
Through this blog, we intend to give you an outlook of how good your chances are to immigrate to Australia in 2021. For more specific advice relating to your case, you can take this assessment online. One of our senior consultants will contact you shortly.
Major Pathways For Australia Immigration in 2021:
It is predicted that the migration program level would remain at 16000 in the 2020-2021 program year too. Any foreigner could work & settle in Australia in three ways:
- Workstream permanent visa
- Family stream permanent visa
- Business/ investor stream permanent visa
The General Skilled Migration (GSM) program is most preferred by skilled workers without any work experience inside Australia to apply for permanent residence. The major visa types under this workstream permanent visa program are:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) – provincial visa
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) – temporary visa option
While subclass 190 attracts immigrants to lesser-known provinces like Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, subclass 489 allows recent international graduates who studied in Australian institutions or foreign entrepreneurs for upto 4 years and then apply for permanent residence.
Australia is set to encourage migration to Australia’s regional areas. However, some changes may take place in the distribution of quotas in 2021.
- We could see the quota for the family stream will increase from 47732 to 77300.
- Priority will be given to immigrants under Employer-Sponsored, Global Talent, Business Innovation and Investment Program visas as the country is planning to recruit more foreign skilled workers
- The places for business, investment, and innovation program have been raised to 13500. The applicants will be required to hold business and personal assets worth $1.25 million (up from $800,000) and have an annual turnover of $750,000 (up from $500,000).
- Australia is planning to establish a Global Business and Talent Attraction Taskforce. The taskforce will attract international businesses and exceptional international talents who can contribute towards the post-pandemic economic recovery of Australia.
- Priority will also be given to Australian visa applicants who are already on temporary visas inside Australia. In this way, Partner visa applications will benefit the most.
- There are plenty of universities and colleges open to international students. Australia is the best place to gain study exposure.
We have tabulated general eligibility requirements for skilled migrants to gain Australia PR.
|Age Factor||Language Proficiency||Work Experience||Education Qualification|
|At least 18 years old to apply for Australia PR. |
Candidates in the age group of 25-33 are most preferred.
|Candidates must prove their proficiency in English.|
For Business Immigrants, the required proficiency level is less than skilled migrants.
|Work Experience outside or inside Australia is equally preferred. |
Mandatory managing experience is required for business candidates.
|At least graduate-level. |
Business candidates with less than post-secondary education are eligible.
Additionally, a combination of other economic & social factors like financial stability, spouse adaptability, regional work experience inside Australia, individual net worth for investment, etc. is considered to issue a permanent residence.
Experts have opinioned on the dependence of Australia on immigration and the need to strengthen for a better post-pandemic recovery. Book your free consultation session with our expert advisors to discuss your case.
CanApprove is a registered agent with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA). It means that you are protected against fraud if you choose to avail yourself of our Australia immigration services. We are open to supporting you with any documentation & legal assistance on PR Visa, Work Visa, Business Visa, Family Reunification Visa, Study Visa, Visitor Visa.
Get in touch with us through…