Pursuing a career abroad is a dream for many. If you’re one of those students, the best destinations to settle in for work post-graduation are Canada and Australia. These countries are known for their astounding beauty, welcoming people, best quality of life, and, importantly, rapid career growth. Before you can delve deeper into settling in either of these places. And let’s take you through Canada’s and Australia’s post-graduation opportunities and their immigration policies.
Post-Graduation Opportunities in Canada
You can explore the various career paths available post-graduation opportunities in Canada. This exploration will provide you with the steps to reach your career goals. From job opportunities to internships, you have various options available if you have studied in Canada. Additionally, you can connect with more people on a global level
Canada initiated the Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) Program for eligible students who have graduated from qualified Canadian Designated Learning Institutions (DLI). This enables them to get an open work visa and worthwhile Canadian job experience.
These graduates have an easy pathway to permanent residence in Canada. It is possible through the Canadian experience class in Express Entry to obtain skilled Canadian work experience in TEER categories 0, 1, or 3 under the PGWP Program.
According to Section 186(w) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), students who have completed their program of study have the right to work while they wait for a decision on their PGWP application, as long as they meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Students must have a valid study permit at the time of the PGWP application.
- Students must be enrolled full-time at a DLI in an academic, vocational, or professional training program.
- Students are permitted to work off campus without a work permit and are not allowed to work more than the allowed number of hours.
Canadian Immigration Policies
The new immigration strategy, which the Canadian government has just announced, will go into effect. The idea asks for multiple changes to the existing framework, including the introduction of a new points-based method for evaluating prospective immigrants.
- Potential immigrants will receive points under the new system depending on their abilities, education, and work history.
- According to the government, people who already have family members residing in Canada would be given preference.
- Individuals applying for permanent residence through Express Entry will have their applications processed within six months.
- Your proficiency in English and French, as well as other factors like your education and job experience, are given additional points.
- International students must enter Canada with a valid study permit under the new immigration laws in Canada. They must also have a passport that is currently valid as well as a ticket home. Also, they must submit a health check with proof of insurance.
This new approach focuses on bringing in more highly trained professionals to Canada to support economic growth. The government had announced that while it will still accept asylum seekers and refugees, it will give priority to those who can contribute more to the economy of Canada.
Post-graduation opportunities in Australia
One of the most prominent places to study abroad, corresponding to Canada, is Australia. According to reports from the government’s Department of Education Skills and Employment, more than 25,000 students had come to Australia for higher education in management and commerce, 23,440 for information technology studies, and 8,629 for technology and engineering.
Internationally renowned educational institutions outstanding colleges, a welcoming immigration policy, and a thriving economy are the main factors influencing international students and aspiring professionals to move to Australia. To achieve these factors, you must first meet certain requirements before planning to work in Australia.
- You must possess a degree from an Australian university or another reputable institution that is acknowledged in Australia.
- You should have good English language proficiency. The majority of occupations demand that candidates who reside outside the country demonstrate their language skills through IELTS or TOEFL scores.
- You should make sure your resume is engaging. Each country has its own resume format that is widely accepted and used.
- Except if you’re a New Zealand citizen, if you’re an international student, you must have a valid work permit visa.
Australian Immigration Policies
Focusing on Australia’s longer-term national interests, the Permanent Migration Program (Migration Program) seeks to balance a number of economic, social, and demographic goals and priorities. The Department requested public feedback to inform Australia’s Migration Program’s yearly planning for the upcoming year.
One of the main sources of skilled migration to Australia is international students. Furthermore, these students must wait until they graduate before applying for a graduate visa. Therefore, the evaluation recommends a graduate visa right away.
- The latest update states that Australia’s immigration system is extremely complex, with over 100 different visa classifications. Moreover, there is no actual evaluation of their ability to sustainably boost the economy in the long run in the qualifications for these visas.
- The points system used in Australia to choose immigrants has to be altered. The current exam is insufficient to adequately distinguish between candidates.
- All skilled temporary employees can apply for Australian permanent residency eventually increasing the level of competition in the PR application process.
The Australian Government will allocate 70% of places to skilled migrants, giving chances for applicants for both employer-sponsored and general skilled migration visas, since there are more than 30,000 more visas available for Australian migrants this coming year than there were two years ago.
Most international students and immigrants from all over the world choose Canada or Australia as their destinations for various reasons, including security, healthcare services, affordable living, and the incredible weather. If you’re planning to settle in either of these destinations, it is always better to seek guidance from an overseas expert.
CanApprove, with its team of dedicated experts, can make things easy and possible for you. We ensure to assist you right from filling out your application until you become permanent residents of Canada. Talk to our experts at CanApprove to get your Canada work permit from Dubai, We’d love to hear from you!
- Is getting Canadian PR easy ?
The IRCC has organized draws for four of the six categories chosen for the year 2023. The CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score, or CUT OFF, significantly dropped in the majority of these category-based draws, providing more applicants (with low CRS scores) an opportunity to obtain a Canadian PR visa.
- Which state in Australia gives PR easily?
One of the simplest states in Australia to obtain permanent residency is Tasmania. The Tasmanian government offers routes to permanent residency via Subclass 491 and Subclass 190 visas.
- Is Canada good for postgraduates?
Canada is an ideal place to pursue a master’s degree. It also paves the way for employment after your education, eventually leading to permanent residence.