Georgian College in Canada – What’s to be known?
Georgian College in Canada might be the spot of your dreams to study in. And I’m here; with this blog, to tell you why!
Before we delve into the ‘why?’ let’s discuss something about the ‘how’ and ‘when’ of the Georgian college.
Originally, the Georgian College was established in the year 1967 when the college system of Ontario was formed. This was in the Barrie region of southern Ontario and was formed to provide tertiary education for the people in the region of Ontario along with similar other colleges in various places in that timeline.
Right now, the college is serving 13000 full-time students outta which 4500 are international students from more than 85 countries, across seven campuses!
Now, let’s get to the ‘Why?’
Why should you study at the Georgian College in Canada?
If that’s what you are looking for, then, there is plenty to tell!
- Georgian is one of the longest-serving institutions in Canada with a strong legacy. Starting with just one campus, the majestic growth thereafter made the college to be widespread into 6 additional campuses in the Ontario region specialized in offering education for disparate domains.
Georgian College Campuses
- Owen Sound
- South Georgian Bay
- Barrie campus of Georgian College is the home of The Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre, which supports entrepreneurs in TCFM – the four main areas. 1. Training 2. Connections 3. Funding and 4. Mentorship.
- There are more than 6200 partnered employers with Georgian including PowerStream, Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre, Algoma Central Corporation, Magna International, and more, to provide student work experiences.
- Certainly, Georgian college was identified as the first Ontario college to have programs accredited by co-operative education and work integrated learning in Canada.
- Evidently, the placement rate of Georgian college students is noted to be 90.2% according to the Key Performance Indicators of 2019-2020 as they found work within six months which is above the provincial average.
- Especially, we have something exciting for Automotive aspirants. The college – Georgian is the home of the Automotive Business School of Canada, which is the only one in the country. 2-year diploma and a 4-year honors Bachelor of Business Administration degree in the automotive specialization are granted by the school.
At this point, let’s have a small brief on the campuses of Georgian College…
The 140-hectare campus located on the northeast edge of Barrie is the main branch of the Georgian College that was first established. Also, this campus houses the university partnership center that offers studies in various credentials and integrated degree-diploma programs.
The integrated Sadlon Health, Wellness and Science Centre has multiplied the enrollment 2X in the health and wellness program in the Georgian college. This center was opened in 2011 and is now offering health and wellness programs to 3000 students and more every year and is enabling the students to pursue health science studies in various credentials like certificates, diplomas, degrees and advanced degree programs.
But, only for health sciences? No, there’s Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology Centre for technology aspirants too. You will find degree programs, diploma programs and state of laboratories with emerging robotics, mechatronics and manufacturing technology where students have the possibility to involve in research projects.
Afterward, the Orillia campus materialized and came into existence in 1969. It encompasses a 150-seat theatre, fitness center, and weight room. There are over 1600 students who are taking up education on this campus.
There are numerous programs focusing on human service and community safety fields alongside other important programs that are on the list like veterinary assistant and veterinary technician. Added to that, there are other graduate certificates and part-time offerings.
Owen Sound Campus
The Owen Sound – This is yet another campus that has over 1000 full-time students taking up a wide range of programs namely skill trades, practical nursing, and early childhood education.
Excitingly, this campus is equipped with marine training facilities and this campus is the house for a Centre – Algoma Central Corporation Marine Emergency Duties (MED) that was instantiated in 2016. This center is highly exploited by the students who are enrolled in post-secondary marine programs as MED training is a must for anyone who will have a job on a ship.
The midland campus has programs in domains like electrical, mechanical, welding, plumbing and marine engine programs. Also, this campus comprises shop space, a cafeteria, an indigenous resource center and an excellent recreational boating center. How exciting!!
Georgian’s Muskoka campus encapsulates a 7000-square feet carpentry shop, multimedia classrooms, computer labs and videoconferencing capabilities. For the sheer excellence and state of art conditions, numerous students – both domestic and international use these resources. And this campus was established in 1977 and is 100 km away from north Barrie.
South Georgian Bay
With 20,000 square feet of multi-function classrooms, computer lab, community room, student lounge, nursing lab and videoconferencing capabilities, South Georgian Bay is one of the appealing campuses of Georgian college and its establishment took place in 1985 in the Collingwood region of Ontario.
It’s in 1988, the establishment of the Orangeville Campus took place, and it has a fully equipped computer lab, student lounge, nursing lab and videoconferencing capabilities.
Georgian College Programs
Predominantly, when speaking about the domains in which the Georgian College offers programs, there is a multitude to list out. Namely, Automotive business, management and administration, computer studies, design and visual arts, community safety, engineering technology, environmental studies, engineering technology, hospitality, sciences of health and wellness, tourism, recreation, marine studies, liberal arts, indigenous studies, human services, skilled trades and what nottt??
Indeed, you’ve got this many domains to choose your academic credential from. Now, the credentials include,
- Academic upgrading
- Apprenticeship Training
- Graduate certificate
- College degree
- University programs
Moreover, some of the well-happening programs for you include,
- Business Administration (Automotive Management)
- Business Administration (Management and Leadership)
- Business Administration (Golf Management)
- Interior Design
- Police Studies
- Nursing (Collaborative Program)
- Aviation Management
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Big Data Analytics
- Culinary Management
- Early Childhood Education
To emphasize, Georgian College offers these many programs and if you still want to know more about the programs, our education coordinators are a click away, just have a small convo and have your doubts cleared!
Benefits of Studying at Georgian College
Chiefly, the benefits that you will have by studying at Georgian College are,
- Acquiring an international degree
- Ample job opportunities
- Attain a proficient verbal ability
- Make from through the walk of your overseas education life
- Living in a cultural blended society
- Acquiring interpersonal skills
Above all, there are PR benefits for students who study in a Canadian college and work there for a few years. You can apply for Canada PR once you qualify for the eligibility criteria. What more is needed??
To conclude, if you are waiting for a breakthrough in your overseas education process, then Georgian college will be the best place for you, undoubtedly. Does thinking about your application process worry you? Chill…
CanApprove will provide you with expert assistance in application, documentation, visa filing and post landing services. We will have it all covered. Just one click away is your overseas education dream!
Talk to our overseas education coordinator…
- Will I get free accommodation at Georgian college for international students?
Accommodation costs for international students at Georgian college will be affordable, but, you won’t get them for free!
- How many campuses does Georgian College have?
Georgian College has 6 campuses namely,
- Owen Sound
- South Georgian Bay
- Is Tuition Free for International students in Georgian College?
In a word, No! Georgian college doesn’t provide free education. Students should pay their tuition fee