Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is looking to welcome over 110,000 future Canadian immigrants every year through the Express Entry route for Canadian permanent residency.
Further, IRCC targets to process new Canada Express Entry applications in about 6 months to incentivize skilled working professionals around the world to plan their immigration,
Given the urgent need for skilled immigration in Canada, we have designed this blog to help you understand how Express Entry works and which immigration program is most suited for you.
Enter the Express Entry pool today!
How to Apply for Express Entry to Canada?
For Instance, Immigration in Canada means getting Canadian permanent residency.
Moreover, IRCC uses the Express Entry system to manage applicants for three distinct immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
Qualifying for PR via Canada Express Entry is a two-step process.
- Step1: Here the interested candidates confirm their eligibility for at least one of the three Express Entry programs – FSWP, CEC, or FSTP.
- Step2: Candidates can upload their Express Entry profile onto IRCC’s website. All the registered profiles assessed and ranked based on the CRS score.
However, CRS helps to identify skilled worker candidates who will be the most successful in Canada’s job market.
Such profiles evaluates on a total of 1200 points. The human capital criteria like
- work experience outside Canada,
- language proficiency in English/French,
- spouse adaptability,
- Canadian study experience, etc. are considered for evaluation purposes.
Eligibility for the FSWP
Foreign skilled workers who have foreign work experience can directly apply for Canadian permanent residency in Canada.
The minimum requirements are:
- One year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years.
- The work experience must be in a skilled occupation classified under the (NOC) skill level 0, A, or B only.
- Language proficiency in English or French and equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7.
- Canadian educational credential (certificate, diploma, or degree) or foreign credential and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report.
- Proof of financial stability by means of the settlement funds criteria.
Additionally, candidates must obtain at least 67 out of 100 points on the FWSP grid which is based on factors such as age, education, work experience, and so on.
Eligibility for CEC
CEC retains Temporary foreign workers and international students as Canada . They are positive future Canadian immigrants
In order for an individual to be an eligible candidate for the CEC, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- One year doing skilled, professional, or technical work in Canada within the last three years.
- Language proficiency in English or French and equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for jobs that fall under NOC A category
- Must have a plan to live and work outside of Quebec.
An international student who wishes to stay in Canada after graduating may do so by completing an extra step: applying for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
A PGWP is an open work permit allowing you to work for a Canadian employer for up to three years and no requirement to have a job offer to apply for it. Graduates can use this permit to have required skilled work experience before applying for the CEC.
Eligibility for the FSTP
This immigration pathway to Canada is similar to FSWP but suits candidates with no proven education level.
In order to to become future Canadian immigrants through this option, you must have two years of work experience in a skilled trade, have a full-time job offer from a Canadian employer, or have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian authority.
Which Express Entry Immigration Program is the Best?
Frankly, the best Canada Express Entry program is determined by your work and academic profile. A lot more depends on your language proficiency in English or French and age. Ideally, candidates aged between 25-32 get the maximum points.
You can also determine a suitable Express Entry program to apply for Canada PR.
Is Canada Express Entry going to end?
Canada Express Entry had an undesirable run after the pandemic as registered profiles under Federal Skilled Worker Program & Canadian Experience Class were not targeted. IRCC fulfilled the annual immigration targets by inviting candidates with prior provincial nominations for the most part of 2020, 2021, and the first half of 2022.
However, things are getting better now.
Statistics Canada reported over 800,000 job vacancies and Canadian employers are keen on addressing the talent shortage with the immigration of foreign skilled workers.
Now that Express Entry is promising normalcy and most new applications will process within six months, employers will have better access to more foreign talent.
In fact, IRCC resumed all-program Canada Express Entry nomination draws which were stopped in December 2020. It resulted in inviting over 1,500 profiles under FSWP & CEC with a qualifying score of 557 to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
Usually, IRCC holds Express Entry draws every two weeks, inviting eligible profiles with the highest CRS scores to obtain Canadian permanent residency.
However, the intake through Express Entry draws will peak at over 110,000 new immigrants by 2024.
Certified Immigration Consultant for Canada PR
Applying through a certified immigration consultant can boost your chances of qualifying for Canada PR. Moreover, you become future Canadian immigrants
CanApprove is a certified immigration consultant in Dubai and is registered with the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC). Choose from a wide of our customized immigration services like
- Profile Evaluation: we help match your skillset with the right visa eligibility requirements for easy immigration.
- Arrange documents: we can also help you procure the required documents needed before applying for a visa.
- Resume Writing: our expert documentation team can create a likable resume that stands out by the concerned immigration authority.
- Post-Landing Services: Any kind of settlement assistance like accommodation, community orientation, etc can be customized and arranged.
You even get a dedicated immigration consultant to work exclusively on your case until resolved!
Watch our Clients Immigration Visa Success.
Book your free appointment with CanApprove to learn more about your chances of qualifying for immigration to Canada.