The American dream is sold well and anyone who’s been to the United States of America would want to visit again for its countless cultural, culinary, and leisure experiences. Few degrees above its latitudes is yet another advanced economy, Canada that hosts rich opportunities for businesses, skilled workers, and tourism.
USA and Canada may seem the same geopolitically but both are sovereign countries and have a robust, independent system of welcoming immigrants and non-immigrants. Let’s explore further how these western economies welcome non-immigrants to their shores who come for very specific purposes for a short period.
Do Dubai Travelers need a Visa to Visit the United States?
All residents from the UAE require a visit visa to travel to the US.
The United States of America also offers a Visa Waiver Program (VWP), whose beneficiaries are eligible to enter the country without a visa. However, nationals from UAE are not currently eligible to apply for VWP.
Available US Visit Visas for UAE Residents
Travelers from UAE have plenty of options to choose from, however, USA visit visa and employment visas are some of the most commonly issued ones.
- US visitor visa
- The US visitor visa allows UAE nationals to visit and stay in the United States of America for a maximum of six months.
- US work visa
- Anyone from UAE can apply for temporary work or employment visit visas in the USA. The validity of the US work visit visa is co-related to the length of the employment contract and is valid for a maximum of six years.
- Business visa (B-1)
- Business professionals from UAE may qualify for a B-1 visit visa to engage in business meetings and negotiations, attend conferences and fairs, and draw up contracts in the United States of America.
- Tourist visa (B-2)
- Tourists from UAE can enter the USA for any leisure-related activities, including vacationing, undergoing medical treatments, participating in social events, or visiting family and friends.
Do Travelers from UAE need a Canada Visit Visa even if they have a US Visa?
Travelers must apply for a Canadian visit visa even if they have a US visa in hand and vice versa, i.e. a separate US visit visa is required to enter the country from Canada.
A Canada visit visa is mandatory and has a validity of 6 months. However; in most cases, UAE nationals may simply apply for an electronic travel authorization (eTA).
Only lawful permanent residents of the U.S. with a valid passport from their country of nationality and a valid green card (or its equivalent in the United States) are exempted from obtaining a visit visa or eTA to enter Canada.
An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals traveling to Canada by air. It is electronically linked to a traveler’s passport and has valid for up to five years or until the passport expires.
Available Canada Visit Visas for UAE Residents
Canadian government permits UAE residents to enjoy a visit temporarily, for various reasons including business visits, trade shows, a conference, family visits, holidays, or tourism.
- Single entry Canada visit visa
- A single-entry visit visa option allows residents from UAE to enter Canada for a single time only.
- Applicants are automatically classified whether to choose multiple entry visas or only to be issued single entry visas under unique circumstances.
- Multiple entry Canada visit visa
- Multiple entry visitor visas permit the holder to travel to Canada for a period of six months, which is thus valid for up to 10 years.
- Canada super visa is the popular type of multiple-entry Canada visit visa. It boosts family reunification as parents and grandparents of citizens or permanent residents in Canada can qualify for it.
About the Canadian immigration system
Canada is keen on targeting about 1.45 million new immigrants in a phased manner over the next three years ending in 2025. Over 60% of the target is to be met with economic-class immigration programs like Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Programs, or the Quebec program. Another major proportion of the target will be met using family reunification programs.
Canada is seemingly pushing for more foreigners to settle permanently in the country based on their work experience and skills. The 2021 Census on immigration confirmed 23% of Canada’s population is or has been, a landed immigrant or permanent resident of the country and it is projected to reach 34% by 2041.
How to Apply for Visas to USA and Canada from UAE?
Both countries have different immigration systems and processes. In any case, the application for a Canada visitor visa or USA visitor visa is online, followed by a visa interview at the nearest embassy located in your region.
Make sure to arrange for all the related documents, like identity documents (passport), proof of travel expense, and the purpose of visit documents like business appointments, medical appointments, show tickets, flight itinerary, etc. In unfortunate events of visa denial, the consular officer will give the applicant a letter explaining why the visa was refused.
If you’re interested in learning more about the specifics of the process, we have our expert team of consultants to guide you through. We can help you with:
- Step-by-step guidance with the visa procedure
- Application form filling and assistance for visa
- Verification of documents, and appointment assistance in the embassy/VAC
- Special packages and guidance with airport transfers
Book your free appointment with CanApprove today and escape to the wonders of North America!