Canada has always been a country filled with endless opportunities. If you’re someone who’s looking for a career in Canada from Dubai, Reading his blog might give you an idea of how you can migrate to Canada and get your Canada work permit from Dubai easily! But first, delve into all that you have to know about the Canada work permit.
What is a Canada Work Permit?
A Canada Work Permit allows foreign nationals who are skilled workers, especially chefs, cooks, truck drivers, restaurant managers, and other professionals to work for a Canadian employer for a particular period in Canada.
Canada invites over 200,000 skilled workers and immigrants from different countries to work for 2 years for a Canadian employer under the Canada work permit visa. The duration of the work permit can be extended after the terms and conditions are fulfilled by the foreign worker or the employee and the Canadian employer.
Types of Canada Work Permit
There are mainly 2 types of Canadian work permits such as:
1. Open Work Permit
2. Employer-Specific Work Permit
1. Open Work Permit
With an open work permit, you can work for any employer in Canada except if you are ineligible. There are certain requirements under which you will considered eligible for an open work permit. One of such requirements is that you should be a spouse of someone who is temporarily working or studying in Canada.
2. Employer-Specific Work Permit
If you’re a foreign national with an employer-specific work permit, you can work in Canada for one employer under one position, provided you must meet certain terms outlined in the work permit. It includes the name of your employer, the duration of your employment with the employer mentioned, and your place of work.
Ways to Migrate to Canada from Dubai
There are a lot of programs you can choose from when it comes to migrating from Dubai to Canada.
1. Federal Economic Class
There are 3 categories under the Federal Economic Class program. They are:
1. Federal Skilled Workers
2. Federal Skilled Trades
3. Canada Experience Class
2. Provincial Economic Class
The Provincial Economic Class contains all the employment opportunities and provincial nominee programs and is owned by the respective provinces in Canada. The provinces are:
1. Ontario Immigration
2. Quebec Immigration
3. Alberta Immigration
4. British Columbia Immigration
5. Manitoba Immigration
6. New Brunswick Immigration
7. Newfoundland Immigration
8. Nova Scotia Immigration
9. Saskatchewan Immigration
10. Prince Edward Island Immigration
3. Temporary Resident First Program
With the temporary resident first program, you can enter Canada as a temporary resident and apply for permanent residency after working in Canada for 3 years.
4. Business Immigration
The Canadian Federal Law allows a candidate through a business immigration program only if the candidate buys or manages a business and moves to Canada for work temporarily.
5. Family Class Sponsorship
Applicants from Dubai along with their family members can apply for the Family Class Sponsorship.
6. Quebec Immigration Program
The Quebec Immigration Program is the only program that provides you with Canadian Permanent Residence directly.
Eligibility Criteria for a Canada Work Permit from Dubai
To get your Canada Work Permit from Dubai, you need to meet the following criteria;
1. You must have at least 2 years of experience working as a full-time employee with a positive LMIA.
2. The work experience obtained must be under the following skill types:
3. Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations)
4. Skill Level A (Professional Occupations)
5. Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades)
6. You should at least score a minimum of 67 points to be eligible for Canada’s Express Entry program.
7. You must have good language proficiency (English or French).
8. You should be financially sufficient to live and work in Canada.
How to Apply for a Canada Work Permit from Dubai?
Here’s a step-by-step process on how to apply for a Canada work permit from Dubai.
First, The Canadian Employer should apply for LMIA, that is, Labour Market Impact Assessment before the employer hires an employee. An LMIA application illustrates the need for a foreign employee to fill the position.
Once a positive LMIA is sent to the company, the employer should send the job offer and the LMIA document to the employee. The Job Offer Letter or employment contract must contain the information mentioned below:
1. Job title
2. Job description
3. Roles, responsibilities, and the position requirements
4. Tenure period
5. Salary information
6. Name and address of the employer
After the job offer letter is sent to the employee, the employee can start applying for a Canada Work permit from Dubai.
1. You should first submit your application to the Immigration, Refugees, and Canada Citizenship (IRCC).
2. If you’re working temporarily in Quebec, you should submit a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) to the employer.
3. You must get through an interview with a visa officer. The visa officer will also assess your application, job profile, etc., and grant you a Canada Work Permit if they are satisfied with your overall assessment.
4. You will also have to pass a medical exam.
You will be given a Canadian Temporary Work Permit by a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) agent.
Benefits of a Canada Work Permit Visa
Canada offers employment opportunities for foreign nationals who wish to settle in Canada with a better job designation under the Canada work permit visa. Some of the benefits of a canada work permit are:
- Settle in Canada quickly and easily!
- Enjoy free healthcare benefits.
- Get an opportunity to travel along with your family based on the eligibility criteria.
- Receive retirement benefits.
- Good quality of life.
- Travel across Canada.
- Apply for permanent residence if the requirements are met.
Finally, to get your Canada work permit visa application done, you must meet all the eligibility criteria and importantly, seek guidance from an immigration expert to migrate smoothly to Canada. CanApprove with its team of dedicated experts can make things easy and possible for you.
We ensure to assist you right from filling out your application till you become permanent residents in Canada.Connect with our expert to know more about Canada’s work permit from Dubai.
1. Can I move from Dubai to Canada?
You can migrate to Canada and get your Canada work permit from Dubai easily as Canada provides a lot of programs you can choose from when it comes to migrating from Dubai to Canada.
2. How can I migrate to Canada from UAE without IELTS?
IELTS is not mandatory if you’re looking to obtain permanent residence in Canada. The CELPIP test may be an option for applicants who want to be tested for English proficiency.
3. Is Canada better than Dubai to live in?
When it comes to an overall quality of life, it’s a win-win for Canada. 2023 World Happiness Report, Canada ranks 13th in the world, while UAE ranks 24th. Canada has a low crime rate and a stable climate.