With the release of the new Immigration Levels Plan for 2021-2023, Canada is certain of solving its dual demographic shock: an aging population & low-birth rate. The country is hoping to turn around the tide by welcoming more immigrants to work and settle permanently in Canada. These immigrants will not only contribute to the economy but also help in making society more diverse and multi-culture; they will be responsible for healthy population growth in Canada in the coming decade.
While there are many high-demand occupations based on which Canada is attracting foreign talents, we are covering one field of occupation at a time. Here is a comprehensive guide on how a Management Professional can migrate to Canada.
Work Experience Required To Immigrate As Management Professionals in Canada
Fortunately, Canada has not laid down any specific criteria for the immigration of Management Professionals. However, any foreign workers willing to migrate to Canada for permanent residency must have an education degree and relevant work experience. Further,
- Canada prefers applicants in the age bracket of 25-40 years.
- Language proficiency in any one language – English or French – is mandatory. However, recent announcements show Canada favoring candidates with bi-lingual abilities – English and French.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required. A college diploma or vocational certificate in the subject of instruction may be required. A background in business, management, construction, science, or technology will help.
- 1-3 years of work experience in the service. Having work experience in Canada will boost your chances of obtaining permanent residence.
If accreditation is required for the specific job you are a candidate for, contact CanApprove, our expert team will help you.
Study Courses Offered In Canada To Become A Management Professional
It also a good option to pursue a Masters’ in Canada in any of the management studies. A recent report from Statistics Canada has noted that over 50% of international students who have completed post-graduation studies in Canada end up becoming permanent residences within 7 years.
Most colleges and universities offer it as a post-graduate program as Project Management ties together many different business fundamentals. You are required to have at least a two or three-year diploma or an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university to get admission. International students will also have to qualify for language proficiency, requiring an IELTS overall band score of 6.5
Contact our education co-ordinators to know your prospectus of studying in Canada and how you could apply for a study permit in Canada.
National Occupation Classification (NOC) List for Management Professionals in Canada
Any in-demand occupation that is open to accommodate foreign workers in Canada is given a unique NOC code. Further, five major categories under which jobs are grouped under NOC:
- Category 0 is related to management jobs
- Category A is related to skilled professionals with a university degree,
- Category B is related to technical jobs that require a college diploma or training as an apprentice
- Category C is related to intermediate jobs that usually require a high school certificate or job-specific training
- Category D is related to labor-specific jobs
|NOC List Code||Occupation|
|0112||Human resources managers|
|0121||Insurance, real estate, and financial brokerage managers|
|0122||Banking, credit, and other investment managers|
|0124||Advertising, marketing, and public relations managers|
|0212||Architecture and science managers|
|0213||Computer and information systems managers|
|0311||Managers in health care|
|0511||Library, archive, museum, and art gallery managers|
|0601||Corporate sales managers|
|0631||Restaurant and foodservice managers|
|0731||Managers in transportation|
|0811||Managers in natural resources production and fishing|
Take this free assessment online to determine your chances of migrating to Canada.
How Much Does A Management Professional Earn in Canada?
Canadian provinces such as Alberta, Ontario, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Islands, Nova Scotia are more open to welcome foreign skilled workers to take up management jobs in Canada.
Not only the eligible foreign Management Professionals may earn more in Canada than in any Middle East country, but Canada also offers a superior quality of life & work-life balance. Based on the current market trend, salaries under various business sectors are summarized as below:
|IT Managers||Upto CAD 130,000 per annum|
|Energy Managers||Upto CAD 90,000 per annum|
|Healthcare Managers||Upto. CAD 87,000 per year|
|Finance Managers||Upto CAD 95,000 per year|
|Engineering Managers||Upto CAD 100,000 per year|
|Human Resources Managers||Upto CAD 85,000 per annum|
|Digital Marketing Manager||Upto CAD 80,000 per annum|
|Construction Manager||Upto CAD 80,000 per annum|
Contact our immigration experts to get the updated salary figures for any Management job in Canada.
How Will CanApprove Assistant You In Migrating To Canada?
CanApprove has been a trusted immigration partner for many of its clients in the last two decades. CanApprove does not just offer any immigration service but registered, professional consultancy services as regulated by the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC).
As a management professional, you have the following options to migrate to Canada:
- Choose Express Entry System: The popularity of the Express Entry system is widely known to aspiring immigrants to Canada. It has been the most preferred pathway for Canada PR among most foreign skilled workers, and why not, over half a million foreigners have obtained permanent residence since 2015 through the federal Express Entry system.
The Express Entry system is not a visa type but a federally managed database of aspiring immigrants. Such profiles are registered and ranked against each based on a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) which evaluates the core human factors –
- education qualifications,
- work experience,
- language proficiency in English or French.
Further, high-scoring candidates are invited to apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada through the fortnightly Express Entry draws.
- Provincial Nominee Programs: Canada has a unique arrangement between its provinces/territorial governments to invite any foreign worker as they deem fit to meet their local labor demand. Provinces like Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan have preferred nominating management professionals to meet fulfill their in-demand occupations.
Essentially, these provinces issue provincial nominations to eligible foreigners which would eventually end up in permanent residency. You can get the latest updates on Canada PNP here.
Other pathways include Business Immigration/Entrepreneur Immigration if you’re looking to start your own new business or manage an existing one. For such pathways, you need to prove your economic net-work and financial stability. Proficiency in the language is also mandatory, however, even CLB 4 is acceptable. There are also Start-Up Visa options offered by the federal government in addition to several provincial programs for Entrepreneur Immigration.
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on your best pathway to immigrate to Canada.
Get in touch with us through…